Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

11 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

It's been called flat/matte by many reporters, which is ultimately the same finish.

To be fair, it could be that those reporters wouldn’t know the difference between matte and satin. Many refer to the Vikings’ helmet as matte, but as we know it’s not a matte finish.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Jaguars27 said:

Any chance the Jags come out with a completely new uniform that has nothing to do with the classic look but also have a classic set? The all black helmet will allow them to have a classic alternate. 

I’d be all for it but I am not expecting it. It would give them two different teal jerseys and two sets of white pants. Not that there’s anything wrong with that — it just makes me think it’s unlikely.

However, it would make some sense considering the juxtaposition of returning to a traditional look, while also potentially removing gold from the uniforms, (as we’ve seen in the supposed leaks). One way to satisfy both would be removing gold from the primary set and then having a throwback alternate. 

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

22 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Have we decided whether the leaks from a few pages/weeks ago are legit?

It looks like they are using the same template that Nike used for the Titans. They've just flipped the front-facing template horizontally. I don't know that anyone else would have access to this template. 

SSJxm7J.png

white.jpg

You can see that the only teal used on this away jersey and pants would be on the Nike swooshes, which is something Nike did with the Titans and their red swoosh. 

It says something like "Ocean Edge Font" down towards the bottom left, so I'm assuming there are variations with different number fonts.

I think these are legitimate -- we just don't know how close they are to the selected/finalized design.

33 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

white.jpg

You know what's odd? The sleeve stripes in these two concepts are completely different.

Not that it proves much of anything, but does seem like something doesn't add up.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

You know what's odd? The sleeve stripes in these two concepts are completely different.

Not that it proves much of anything, but does seem like something doesn't add up.

Looks like the same stripes to me. You just can't see the cuff in the back view.

spacer.png

9 minutes ago, burgundy said:

Looks like the same stripes to me. You just can't see the cuff in the back view.

The backview stripes are flat-down (as you go to the front); the front view are up and arched, then down.  The top stripe is noticeably different - in the front view, the top stripe completely curls over the bottom stripe, whereas that doesn't happen in the backview. They shouldn't have such different angles in essentially the same pose. Look at the amount of space between the swoosh and the top stripe...

Again, these are computer images, but they oughta be consistent.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

19 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

There's also teal on the socks.

I think that's present on both of them.  You can see it on the right leg of the front facing model.

The teal stripe appears to be angled, so it's harder to see from the front.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

I'm hoping against hope these are not the finished product.

They are part of a package along with two other design options that were pretty similar besides stripe placement. So these may have been what they went with. Not sure how far along in the process this stuff was though. 

Remember back in December when I spoke with a local Jacksonville retailer? I went and spoke to a different location of the same company, and I've got a lot more details to share.

• Teal and black will undoubtedly be emphasized over anything else. Gold is not gone entirely, but in little use
  • I showed a photo of the leaks and they immediately said that's not what they saw. They saw a design about a month ago, but has seen many different editions since. But they were adamant the leak was not correct.
  • I got the impression the logo is not changing, so no snow leopard uniforms.
  • The gold jerseys are just about gone. Don't think Jacksonville nor the retailers were fond of them. They sold terribly.
  • This is the craziest of them:
    • Not this upcoming season, but eventually apparently, the Jaguars will have throwback uniforms. They specifically mentioned the full body sleeve logo, so the original uniforms could very well be back for a game or two in the coming seasons. Never thought we'd see that.
  • They truly believe Coughlin will keep simple, a la the Giants. Nothing too crazy.

I ended up spending an hour talking with the person, with the uniform stuff the minority of what was discussed. 

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

12 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Remember back in December when I spoke with a local Jacksonville retailer? I went and spoke to a different location of the same company, and I've got a lot more details to share.

• Teal and black will undoubtedly be emphasized over anything else. Gold is not gone entirely, but in little use
  • I showed a photo of the leaks and they immediately said that's not what they saw. They saw a design about a month ago, but has seen many different editions since. But they were adamant the leak was not correct.
  • The gold jerseys are just about gone. Don't think Jacksonville nor the retailers were fond of them. They sold terribly.
    • Not this upcoming season, but eventually apparently, the Jaguars will have throwback uniforms. They specifically mentioned the full body sleeve logo, so the original uniforms could very well be back for a game or two in the coming seasons. Never thought we'd see that.
  • They truly believe Coughlin will keep simple, a la the Giants. Nothing too crazy.

I ended up spending an hour talking with the person, with the uniform stuff the minority of what was discussed. 

Next year makes sense since it will be the 100th NFL season. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

21 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Not doubting you, but offering a 'yeah, but'.

How does this retailer see where they are in the design process since they aren't done. Or maybe better still, WHY does a retailer see anything prior to the release date. I don't understand why or how that might happen.

It's where I sit.

30 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

I can confirm all these bullet points. Can't say much more than that...sorry, gents.

2 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Not doubting you, but offering a 'yeah, but'.

How does this retailer see where they are in the design process since they aren't done. Or maybe better still, WHY does a retailer see anything prior to the release date. I don't understand why or how that might happen.

If you recall my post from the last time I spoke with them, they knew long before the last two redesigns. Retailers have to order the stuff very early, so it makes complete sense that they see concept work of it before the reveal. 

If you are referring to the potential throwback design process, maybe those in charge (they mentioned Nike salesmen multiple times) have mentioned these things to them. They also mentioned that said Nike salesman had told them about pitching alternate uniforms to Alabama. The first had houndstooth sleeves and was obviously rejected. They eventually did get the 2nd one, the ProCombat, pitched and approved. Nike also said they wouldn't do it again since they lost a ton of money on it.

I don't know. Just passing along what I've discovered. Retailers are a much more legitimate source, to me, than many Twitter users.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived