Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

18 minutes ago, JagAaron33 said:

They've teased a bit (the player video, for example) but the way the organization is running right now, I am not sure.  

I think it won't leak.  Too tight a ship.  Tom Coughlin would hunt down green dong guy.

I heard they aren't selling these until a week after they are released. I wonder if that is to prevent leaks? (I admit I could be wrong as I have no clue how that works)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I heard they aren't selling these until a week after they are released. I wonder if that is to prevent leaks? (I admit I could be wrong as I have no clue how that works)

They're hosting a draft party the following week with what they've called the first opportunity to purchase jerseys. Those emails came out after the Titans ordeal, so it could very well be used to circumvent the retail leaks.

I plan to be at that event (I just moved to Jacksonville for a job this week), so I'll relay anything I see there. Gonna try and sneak a peak after the State of the Franchise event next week.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

2 hours ago, Teal said:

We are in the home stretch now. In 1 week this thread will be total and utter chaos. 

Oh, no this thread has been in utter chaos for MONTHS ... 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I'm quite excited for next thursday and the draft day event at the daily's. 

We will learn alot about the direction of this team visually going forward in the next couple of weeks and I am optimistically hopeful these uniforms will not be an abomination and will be closer to being a modern classic like the ones from 98-08 without being those uniforms. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

3 hours ago, JagAaron33 said:

They've teased a bit (the player video, for example) but the way the organization is running right now, I am not sure.  

I think it won't leak.  Too tight a ship.  Tom Coughlin would hunt down green dong guy.

I'd say another leak is very possible. I mean, there's already been a leak even though it may not be the final design. Overall things seem much less secretive over in Jacksonville as multiple posters here and on Twitter have apparently seen them and are describing them already. That said, the efforts to avoid a retail leak with the delayed release into stores is really smart and I hope it works out. 

spacer.png

I wonder if we’ll see the new helmet before any other leaks.  The Jags have all but confirrmed it, probably wouldn’t be a big deal.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, Jaguars27 said:

What are the chances it leaks? Also I’m guessing the Jags aren’t gonna tease it at all? They did in 2013. 

I feel like this day and age it’s almost impossible not to have something leak. 

30 minutes ago, Gr3g3 said:

I feel like this day and age it’s almost impossible not to have something leak. 

Leaking seems to be much more prevalent in basketball and football than it is in baseball and hockey, but nothing compares to soccer, where leakers run their own blogs and absolutely everything gets leaked.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 minute ago, andrewharrington said:

Leaking seems to be much more prevalent in basketball and football than it is in baseball and hockey, but nothing compares to soccer, where leakers run their own blogs and absolutely everything gets leaked.

Probably caused by a few factors:

1. I'd bet that basketball and football jerseys are bigger at retail than baseball, and in many cases the retailers have them available for purchase right away so they're just sitting there in boxes that say "don't open until christmas" and of course someone does.

2. Timing of video games?  Lots of things leak via the games these days.  Not sure what the timing is between when someone can get their hands on a game or a file sent to the game company and if it's different by sport. 

3.  Most football and basketball jerseys are released around their sport's draft time.  There's already a lot of interest in the teams and the sport just due to the timing so people might be paying more attention.  Baseball jerseys usually drop around November / black Friday, so outside of this board, nobody is really in "baseball mode".  

4.  LOL NHL.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, Esco said:

Isn’t the jag head supposed to big quite large on the helmet?

I've not heard anything about the scope to the increase is size. I doubt they'll be Tampa Bay large though.

Honestly, it might be very similar to what Auburn did for the 2010 spring game. The AU decals were about 10% larger. Very few noticed it. (That was actually one of the first uniform things I noticed immediately!)

A-Day game on the left, normal on the right:

P9217zo.png

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

6 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I always feel like these threads are chaos until a design is released. Then the discussion actually becomes quite focused.

True, but that's only after about 24 hours after we all get through bitchin' to nauseam about a misplaced swoosh or pointless added secondary color.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

16 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

They're hosting a draft party the following week with what they've called the first opportunity to purchase jerseys. Those emails came out after the Titans ordeal, so it could very well be used to circumvent the retail leaks.

I plan to be at that event (I just moved to Jacksonville for a job this week), so I'll relay anything I see there. Gonna try and sneak a peak after the State of the Franchise event next week.

Welcome to town!

15 hours ago, Claystation360 said:

I'm quite excited for next thursday and the draft day event at the daily's. 

We will learn alot about the direction of this team visually going forward in the next couple of weeks and I am optimistically hopeful these uniforms will not be an abomination and will be closer to being a modern classic like the ones from 98-08 without being those uniforms. 

I'm excited for the uniform unveiling obviously, but the construction/design nerd in me is hoping for Shipyards and Lot J news as well!

54 minutes ago, GigantorinJax said:

Anyone think we will get any juicy leaks before the reveal on Thursday? 

img_8558.jpg

kimball banner.png

Archived