Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, the older ones are kind of Giants-esque if you think about it.  Take off the full-body Jaguar and it's a simple/iconic/classic affair, which is fine if you ask me.  So instead of the full-body guy we get a Jaguar head over the heart, and some new striping - I am ok with that I think.

7 hours ago, O.C.D said:

pg2_g_fred_taylor_400.jpg15683155%5D,sizedata%5B850x600%5D&call=u

What they had was better than what they've tried to replace it with. 

Couldn't possibly agree more. To my mind, this uniform was a "modern classic" and the Jacksonville Jaguars have been engaged in downgrading their look with every change to their uniforms since. 

8 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

The black jersey was terrible from that set. Teal sleeps, shiny shoulders, gold collar thingy. The away jersey was the best. Teal jersey was okay except the numbers and gold color. If black is gonna be the primary, they can only go up.

The shiny shoulders were on all three jerseys

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

4 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

Right. But I could live with it on the other 2, although I would still not want it (as stated in another post). On the black jersey it looked worse I thought. Wasn't as much of an eyesore on the teal and white.

16 minutes ago, Clintau24 said:

The shine was just a symptom of the materials used during that era. If and when those uniforms come back for a throwback game, there won't be any shine to those shoulders, and everyone in here will be crying for those uni's to be full time over whatever Nike pukes out here Thursday. 

3 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

Like they won't just wear black/black/black all the time.

Looks acceptable. I love the numbers.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Those numbers ^^^ were the regular 97-07 numbers

I thought that might be the case. In that case, they never actually wore teal jerseys with the preseason/drop shadow numbers.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

6 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I don’t hate it but I don’t love it. May end up looking a lot better on the players than in this mock up. Tbh if they just kept our current numbers, with gold and teal outlining the numbers, this would be dope as hell! I hate that gold is no where on the uniform anymore. If this is true of course 

7 minutes ago, bowld said:

I am all for traditional looks but this seems too bland. Needs some stripes or something on the sleeves. Also, already miss the teal numbers on white jersey

Looks like there is a stripe on the sleeve. A single teal stripe above the black arm band at the end of the sleeve. On the black that band is teal which blends in with the teal stripe. On the teal jersey the stripe is black and blends in with the black band.

13 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

I would prefer there to be more gold and would prefer teal numbers on the white, but I could live with these (even though they almost look like practice jerseys).  I just hope they actually use the white pants with the black jersey.  My fear is we would see a lot of monochrome black . . . which would certainly change my assessment.

One question -- Is the angled stripe on the socks intentional?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

Looks like there is a stripe on the sleeve. A single teal stripe above the black arm band at the end of the sleeve. On the black that band is teal which blends in with the teal stripe. On the teal jersey the stripe is black and blends in with the black band.

I know, but on a retail jersey it will either be hard to see or really awkward looking

The Jaguar head is quite a bit bigger on the helmet. It looks like it's going to be huge. 

I don't like that the teal jersey would have an outline around the numbers, and the other two would not. Might just be a legibility thing, but I'd prefer not to see an outline at all unless they were to do the gold/black double outline. 

It really needs a splash of gold. If they would have added the gold stripe on the sleeves, I'd like them much more. These sleeves, (even without the crawler logo), wold look nice.

ca87a6d16e1390f40c61276e72226e2d.jpg

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

I like everything but the number font, lack of gold, and teal numbers really need to be on the white jerseys ("black and teal" seems to be mostly "black and white"). Does seem to lineup with 99% of what ColJag passed along, plus TShare18's info. Also, they are very Giants-esque and fairly traditional.

If this is accurate - is it an upgrade? Yeah. Is it the a perfect look for the Jags? No. 

And I always appreciate Conrad's efforts.

I hope white pants are used for all three sets more than black or teal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived