Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a safe, lateral move. They're not uglier than they used to be, but there's also nothing that stands out about these jerseys. I think losing the unique number font and gold is a shame, but at least they avoided a Browns/Bucs meltdown. The old set would have been great with a fully black helmet and some tweaks.

3 minutes ago, Jaguars Football said:

Too similar to the 09 uniforms. Why did Coughlin mention that this uniform will identify with the potential hall of famers the Jags might have soon. It looks nothing like what they wore. 

Beware of reaching too far into team manufactured marketing statements.

20 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say: 

I genuinely am going to miss their number font and the touches of gold on their old look.  I mean we don't know anything yet, but still.  From the front, all-black was a solid look.

usa_today_9682878.0.jpg

Reserving judgement, again, until the full look is unveiled, but it's a step back if the recent mock-up is accurate.  The outgoing set was great, in my opinion.  I understand why those who like traditional looks did not like it, but the Jags were born in the 90's, not the 50's, and it suited them.  Coughlin can try to make this team look like the Giants/Packers/whatever as much as he wants...but they're still a 90's team and they can't hide from that.  Could've stayed the course and just fixed the helmet, as many others have said, and the Teal jerseys over Black pants they wore last year was an outstanding look.

These are pretty close to what I've been led to believe, Very traditional was but hoping teal would be primary but's appearing that's not the case. 

Also I like the jersey I'm just not sure how I feel about large block for a team that's hardly ever used it. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

34 minutes ago, CS85 said:

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say: 

1. I genuinely am going to miss their number font and the touches of gold on their old look.  I mean we don't know anything yet, but still.  From the front, all-black was a solid look.

2.  Their road look, on the other hand, was abominable.

The key is the "from the front" qualifier.  From that angle, the helmet looked all black.

1.  Agree . . . especially regarding the number font.

2.  Disagree.

I think they were both solid modern looks if you didn't have to see the helmet from the side.  IMHO, they also looked good from the back with what appeared to be a gold helmet.

1.0.jpg20171008pdSteelers14-4.jpg

That's the best I could come up with for the white jersey without spending too much time.  Sorry.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, j'villejags said:

Yeah, I don't like them. I'll leave my final opinion when we see them unveiled, but if this is it ... those numbers kill it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

So the general consensus is last year’s jersey is just awful.....

Yet this new mock-up is the exact same jersey with the gold spikes now teal and the sleeve caps gone. No outlines on the numbers and the shield is basically still there it’s just a jaguar head. It’s not that different, yet one is utter garbage to most and one is fairly liked.

If these mockups are any indication, this is a very, very safe move. Almost too safe. They’re unfortunately missing a lot of character.

I love classic, simple uniforms very much. I’ve voiced that numerous times. But what makes a lot of the great ones great (the Raiders or Alabama, for example) is that it’s been entrenched for years, associated with some sort of classic brand of football, and has years of history that empower that simplicity. It’s not, unfortunately, something you can just pull out of thin air and expect to have the same power. It looks like the Jaguars tried that, and it’s just not hitting the note for me like other, more established classic looks do. It comes across as lacking and devoid of charm.

Not to beat a dead horse, but they really should have tried to replicate their 90’s look. That is the classic look they should have established. It’s too bad that they have apparently missed that chance.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

7 minutes ago, flyersfan said:

This look with current number font, teal numbers on the white = perfect. And never wear white pants

I'm with you if you change the last sentence to " . . . always wear white pants."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

6 minutes ago, Brown1 said:

So last year’s jerseys without the sleeve caps.

Yeah, without the sleeve caps, yellow collar, leather shoulders, 3 different outlines on the front numbers vs the shoulder numbers vs the names on the back, the floating trapezoid pants and shield logo.

totally the same :P

Archived