Jacksonville Jaguars Tweaks

colinturner95

So I saw the rumors that Jacksonville is coming to their senses and getting new uniforms, which undoubtedly means that the world's ugliest helmet will soon be no more. Ugly bucket aside, I personally think that the Jags are a few tweaks away from actually having a decent uniform set. So I decided to layout what I think those tweaks should be: 

3Do6W7y.png

I think that the Jaguars currently look good from the neck down, so there aren't a whole lot of changes to be made but there are some. Let's break them down shall we? 

Helmet - Do I really need to introduce the incumbent? I changed the disasterpiece that was the helmet to one from the past. I brought back the old black helmet that looks teal in the right light. Kept the jaguar logo on the side, added the JAGS shield logo to the back of the helmet. IMO, it's a decent logo, but doesn't need to take up chest space on the jerseys. 

Jerseys - The jerseys as they are now really aren't bad to me, in fact I think that they take too much heat from how much the helmet sucks. First off, as I mentioned above, the JAGS patch moves to the helmet. Those weird shoulder designs get taken off and the "claw mark" if you want to call it that, gets moved inside the collar. The teal jersey becomes the home jersey again with the appropriate white numbers. I like the number font, so I kept it. Added the JAGUARS wordmark to the chest and the primary logo to the sleeves so they weren't blank any more. 

Pants - I didn't change much. I moved the jaguar head from the side of the pants to the front right. It feels cleaner to me. I knocked around the idea of a different pant design, but nothing else really seemed to fit with the design. 

Socks - Teal and Black. No need for anything on them. 

And since the NFL is keeping Color Rush around: 

1PA6c1N.png

So as cool as the gold CR uniform was for them (IMO, I didn't hate it completely), I went with teal as the base color since it's more unique of a color to them than black is. So for the first time in team history, teal pants would be worn.

Let me know what you guys think.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

5 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

So I saw the rumors that Jacksonville is coming to their senses and getting new uniforms, which undoubtedly means that the world's ugliest helmet will soon be no more. Ugly bucket aside, I personally think that the Jags are a few tweaks away from actually having a decent uniform set. So I decided to layout what I think those tweaks should be: 

3Do6W7y.png

I think that the Jaguars currently look good from the neck down, so there aren't a whole lot of changes to be made but there are some. Let's break them down shall we? 

Helmet - Do I really need to introduce the incumbent? I changed the disasterpiece that was the helmet to one from the past. I brought back the old black helmet that looks teal in the right light. Kept the jaguar logo on the side, added the JAGS shield logo to the back of the helmet. IMO, it's a decent logo, but doesn't need to take up chest space on the jerseys. 

Jerseys - The jerseys as they are now really aren't bad to me, in fact I think that they take too much heat from how much the helmet sucks. First off, as I mentioned above, the JAGS patch moves to the helmet. Those weird shoulder designs get taken off and the "claw mark" if you want to call it that, gets moved inside the collar. The teal jersey becomes the home jersey again with the appropriate white numbers. I like the number font, so I kept it. Added the JAGUARS wordmark to the chest and the primary logo to the sleeves so they weren't blank any more. 

Pants - I didn't change much. I moved the jaguar head from the side of the pants to the front right. It feels cleaner to me. I knocked around the idea of a different pant design, but nothing else really seemed to fit with the design. 

Socks - Teal and Black. No need for anything on them. 

And since the NFL is keeping Color Rush around: 

1PA6c1N.png

So as cool as the gold CR uniform was for them (IMO, I didn't hate it completely), I went with teal as the base color since it's more unique of a color to them than black is. So for the first time in team history, teal pants would be worn.

Let me know what you guys think.

Just finished a conversation at a bar about exactly this.  Said get the previous helmet with the new logo.  Move the shield to the sleeve caps. You put just the logo, even better. Make the Teal the primary with white numbers. Throw in a pair of Teal pants and boom.  you have a solid look.  Great look

21 hours ago, Cardsblues02 said:

I think they need to have a Gold Colors Rush jersey. More unique than the teal.

MkWxl1M.png

Still not sold on them using gold as the Color Rush uniform though. There's a lot less teal in the league than there is gold/yellow. 

13 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

I would remove the wordmark above the numbers, it looks so clean on their current jerseys and i hope more nfl teams would start getting ride of chest wordmarks.

I thought about leaving it blank, but I think without the shield on the chest, it looks too empty to me. 

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One minor tweak would be to alter the pants stripes on the white pants from teal to black. I think that the uniforms work best when the sleeve caps match main pants block. 

I love the teal socks especially since its a look the Jaguars have never used at any point in their history.

r0HVybL.png

Changed the block on the pants to black. I can't believe that I never noticed that they haven't used teal socks ever. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived