AFL to NHL Crossover (Giants alt posted 12/28) (C&C wanted)

NoE38_Concepts

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Spanna65 said:

Great stuff with West Coast! 

Today they announced a new logo so should be interesting to see that on the jersey. 

Go Eagles once more!

Thanks for the heads up. I liked their old logo a lot, but this new one is an upgrade in my eyes.

Here's an update with the new logo and colours. As it appears the Eagles have changed the navy to royal blue.

M32YWoE.png

C&C welcome.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (West Coast update posted 11/1) (C&C wanted)
1 hour ago, b0ss pls said:

It was the old logo when I posted, sorry.

It's okay, It happens from time to time.

On that note, here's the next team, the Melbourne Demons!

I mentioned earlier that the Geelong Cats were the second oldest football club on any code in the world. Melbourne is the oldest, having been founded in 1858 by a group led by Tom Wills, the inventor of Australian Rules Football. Melbourne has used the same jumper design for 80 years, which is a red vee yoke. For this set, I kept the yoke and the vee, but split them up. Yokes are on both jerseys, and the striping is in a vee shape, keeping true to the identity. I used the club's monogram logo rather than the full shield to keep things simple.

Weq3XQx.png

C&C welcome.

Next up: The sons of the west.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Melbourne posted 11/5) (C&C wanted)
On 11/5/2017 at 11:25 AM, Darknes said:

All of these look really sharp and I like that you kept the "Clash" idea for some of the kits

Thanks! I wanted to keep some design aesthetic of the AFL in this series.

Next up are the 2016 premiers, the Western Bulldogs. Their jumpers are a timeless look that translates well to a hockey jersey, so I took the red and white hoops and put them on the blue jersey. To distinguish them from other teams in this series, I added blue to the upper-arms. The equipment is red to further differentiate them.

NjU0t9u.png

C&C welcome.

Up next: Oh when the saints...

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Western Bulldogs posted 11/6) (C&C wanted)

Next up, we have the redundant St Kilda Saints. The Saints are the perennial losers of the AFL, winning just 1 premiership in their 117 seasons in the AFL. Their jumpers feature and red, white, and black tricolour, which I put in the yokes as yoke stripes. The arm stripes consist of two tricolour stripes, and the hem is based on their clash from this year.

ADfcx4V.png

C&C welcome.

Next up: Free Kick Hawthorn.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (St Kilda posted 11/11) (C&C wanted)

I AM ABSOLUTELY SPEECHLESS!!!

Best one is probably the Demons; the lack of white just makes it so unique.

And I will add that I hate you for making the Bombers, who I loathe more than anything I can think of, look so good.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

On 11/11/2017 at 9:40 PM, Frenchie said:

I AM ABSOLUTELY SPEECHLESS!!!

Best one is probably the Demons; the lack of white just makes it so unique.

And I will add that I hate you for making the Bombers, who I loathe more than anything I can think of, look so good.

Thanks! I don't hate the Bombers with all my heart, but I dislike them more than some other teams. Do you hate them more than Collingwood?

Also, being a Blues fan right now must be tough.

Next up are the Hawthorn Hawks, who had a three-peat from 2013-15. The Hawks have a bold colour scheme of Brown and Gold, so I tried to make it bold and classic, like their logo. The pattern consists of three stripes from their jumper (No, Adidas did not sponsor this concept) The away features a brown yoke, even though I don't think they should exist, I added reverse-coloured nameplates to both jerseys as a throwback to these jumpers worn several times throughout the club's history.

YoQQLip.png

C&C welcome.

Next up: The Premiership's a cakewalk.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Hawthorn posted 11/12) (C&C wanted)
15 hours ago, NoE38 said:

Thanks! I don't hate the Bombers with all my heart, but I dislike them more than some other teams. Do you hate them more than Collingwood?

Also, being a Blues fan right now must be tough.

Next up are the Hawthorn Hawks, had a three-peat from 2013-15. The Hawks have a bold colour scheme of Brown and Gold, so I tried to make it bold and classic, like their logo. The pattern consists of three stripes from their jumper (No, Adidas did not sponsor this concept) The away features a brown yoke, even though I don't think they should exist, I added reverse-coloured nameplates to both jerseys as a throwback to these jumpers worn several times throughout the club's history.

YoQQLip.png

C&C welcome.

Next up: The Premiership's a cakewalk.

Another perfect rendition of a classic kit.

Again, the absence of White really makes this set special.

If you were looking to spruce it up with something a little more "modern" (maybe on an Alternate), you can try to incorporate some feathers-like pattern somewhere (yoke maybe) to match the Hawk's neck.

As for my "disdain" for the Bombers, it's not really the team, it's about one of their fans who left me with a bitter taste. 
My wife's mom was a die-hard Blues fan, her dad a moderate Cats', and she has aunt's family cheering for the Pies.

I had the chance of seeing 2 matches at MCG in 1994, Blues-Pies on a Saturday afternoon, and Bombers-Pies on a cold Friday evening.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Next up we have the Collingwood Magpies. The most widely-supported team in the AFL, the Pies have won 15 premierships, most recently in 2010.

Just like the colours of the Australian Magpie, the Pies wear black and white, in alternating stripes. I used a sleek, classic pattern for the stripes, and added alternating yokes on each jersey.

f0jN0WL.png

C&C welcome.

Up Next: Purple Haze.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Collingwood posted 11/20) (C&C wanted)

Up next are my other favourite team, the Fremantle Dockers. The Dockers were established in 1994, and wore these monstrosities until 2010. Their current jumpers are purple and white, with three chevrons. Since there's already one team using chevrons as stripes, and one using three stripes, I made a compromise for this one, using the chevrons on the arms and three stripes on the hem. The away uses the same pattern and coloring as the home, creating a coloured upper shoulder area.

ZrbY3Tu.png

C&C welcome.

Next up: Join in the chorus.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (Fremantle posted 11/22) (C&C wanted)

Next up we have the North Melbourne Kangaroos.

The Roos are another team with alternating stripes, wearing blue and white. In the past, they've worn five blue stripes on the front, so I made that pattern the focus of this jersey. The hem is one stripe to reduce clutter, and the pant stripes are a callback to when they wore pinstripes next to each large one.

eyjucph.png

I feel like I'm the only one commenting here, so if you have any sort of C&C, I'd love to hear it!

Next up: The Navy Blues.

spacer.png

• NoE38_Concepts changed the title to AFL to NHL Crossover (North Melbourne posted 11/26) (C&C wanted)

ok these are awesome. Finally some AFL concepts! i love love love the fremantle look and hawthorn is a great look as well. The names on hawthorn look like they are a different yellow than the jerseys though, could just be my computer. Some logos look awesome as hockey logos and these crossover series showcase that. Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Fremantle, and Melbourne. Only complaints- maybe too many stripes on north melbourne and west coast eagles will have a big spike on their sides. Not sure if that is intentional but might be a little rough on a real jersey. Great work overall though.

This series is very well done though. Great touch with the league logo at the collar and the shoulder patches. Fantastic job.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

On 11/26/2017 at 4:54 PM, flyersfan said:

ok these are awesome. Finally some AFL concepts! i love love love the fremantle look and hawthorn is a great look as well. The names on hawthorn look like they are a different yellow than the jerseys though, could just be my computer. Some logos look awesome as hockey logos and these crossover series showcase that. Collingwood, Western Bulldogs, Hawthorn, Fremantle, and Melbourne. Only complaints- maybe too many stripes on north melbourne and west coast eagles will have a big spike on their sides. Not sure if that is intentional but might be a little rough on a real jersey. Great work overall though.

This series is very well done though. Great touch with the league logo at the collar and the shoulder patches. Fantastic job.

Thanks for the feedback! I was going to do three stripes for North, but decided against it after seeing all the teams using three stripes. As for Hawthorn, I believe you're correct. I'll edit that soon.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:42 PM, willmoen said:

Collingwood has got to be my new favorite in this series. It is very clean, very classic looking and very well executed. I also love the five stripes on the sleeves and socks of North Melbourne. Can't wait to see the last three teams.

Thanks! I was really happy with how the Pies turned out.

Here's the third-to-last team, the Carlton Blues!

As far as design for this set, The Blues didn't have any obvious choices, since their jumper is all navy with their logo on the front. I decided to go simple, with one bold stripe as the main focus, with white cuffs to make the set more original. The socks copy the arms, with white bottoms. This whole set to me seems like something Carlton would do if they had a hockey team.

GBk5Hqn.png

Next up: The Red, Gold, and Blue. (Sorry Fitzroy fans)

spacer.png

Archived