Kansas City Scouts: Resurrection

FinsUp1214

While playing NHL 17, I came across the Kansas City Scouts' logo when messing around on Create-A-Team. I got to thinking pretty hard about what I would do if I were ever approached to build a new Scouts identity from the ground up, and got to sketching. Today I have a finished product to share!

The Scouts looked really good during their time, and I'd be perfectly fine if a resurrected Scouts franchise skated out of the gate wearing those exact get-ups. I wanted to challenge myself, however, and went the way of the Winnipeg Jets with a built-from-scratch identity.

This identity revolves around a war-painted horse with feathers attached to the mane as the primary mark. The alternate marks are inspired by painted hand prints that warriors would place on their horses for both accomplished missions and an oath of vengeance. The original logo is also used as the primary crest of an alternate third fauxback, which is a red, navy, and gold version of the original sweaters.

59e2810563d23_KansasCityScoutsStyleGuide.thumb.png.157dde8716c4a4fb9a7d36172fbf5b50.png

59e2811c71e3e_KansasCityScoutsuniforms.thumb.png.f4e6a762afe9b6f9c020211b7a4c9e07.png

Let me know what you think! C&C is appreciated, you know the drill!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

First off, that primary logos are amazing. The symbolism and execution are brilliant.  The jerseys are great as well. The pattern isn't as complicated as the originals, but still keeps the same look. The alternate is perfect. Only thing I would change is that I would add some more blue to the white jersey to improve color balance. Could I see a version with the cuffs and hem filled in blue?

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Looks great...reminds me a bit in terms of aesthetic style of Tyler Rodgers' Scouts concept from a while back but your usage of the horse in lieu of an actual Native American is probably more appropriate in this day and age.  Love your jerseys as well, I think you've done a great job of creating a nice hierarchy between the three colors.  I think this is a terribly underused color scheme and the navy, rust red and amber creates a really rich and vibrant look - but you have to get the balance right or it can be a bit too strong.  I think you've achieved it with the amber clearly marked as the tertiary trim color and a nice balance between the navy and rust...and I think the scheme works best that way as opposed to say the Barrie Colts where the navy overwhelms and the yellow and red are simply fighting it out as competing/clashing trim colors.

That navy home jersey would look amazing on the ice...love that you threw out any trace of white, it really helps create that rich look.

On 10/14/2017 at 4:39 PM, NoE38 said:

First off, that primary logos are amazing. The symbolism and execution are brilliant.  The jerseys are great as well. The pattern isn't as complicated as the originals, but still keeps the same look. The alternate is perfect. Only thing I would change is that I would add some more blue to the white jersey to improve color balance. Could I see a version with the cuffs and hem filled in blue?

I think navy hem and cuffs would result in too little of the red, maybe fatten the navy striping or try the striping from the tertiary to involve the navy a bit more in the space between the shoulders and pants?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great. Only complaint is that the yellow and blue striping on the homes and aways are a little thin. If you could make 'em a little bold to fit in with the rest if the identity. Still, the logos are absolutely beautiful and it's a great revival of a short-lived identity.

Archived