Patriots/Falcons fog game - Camera view

stumpygremlin

Pardon if the subject is a bit vague, but I'm curious as to everybody's thoughts. I watched the Patriots/Falcons game last Sunday, and due to the fog, the late portion of the game had to be shown via the camera above the field. Once I got used to that view, I rather liked it. I would love to see games broadcast that way all the time. Of course, the shot would have to likely be wider than this to be able to show receivers split out wide, but overall I like this.

Image result for Patriots Falcons fog

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

A whole game like this would start to get annoying.  It would be like watching your buddies play Madden.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

A whole game like this would start to get annoying.  It would be like watching your buddies play Madden.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

2 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

You get a much better view at the actual play unfolding from the SkyCam than from the traditional side angle. Every network should do it like that.

Agreed. I remember one specific play that I saw that makes that point. It was one of those 3467562374985 Brady passes that he does about 10 yards deep over the middle. I saw the receiver crossing across the screen and said to myself, "he's open." Not a half-second later, Brady hit that guy. That's not something I'd likely notice in the traditional view.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

The one network that has a dedicated spider cam view is ESPN. It usually only gets used for the CFP or one or two opening week games. The downside is the lack of gameplay audio from the announcers.

I dunno, most of the time I wish I could mute the announcers and just hear the field.

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

8 minutes ago, MiK said:

I dunno, most of the time I wish I could mute the announcers and just hear the field.

Maybe the national announcers. When Ohio State played Oregon it was nice to have the option to hear both teams' own announcers.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

You do realize that's EXACTLY how the XFL aired games when they first started. The X-Cam was the only live camera during the play. People hated it so much they switched to the traditional sideline camera and used the X-Cam for replays.

Funny that 17 years later suddenly someone actually says they like that view to watch the game.

On 10/27/2017 at 2:43 PM, Kramerica Industries said:

You get a much better view at the actual play unfolding from the SkyCam than from the traditional side angle. Every network should do it like that.

That is usually the case.  However, sometimes the SkyCam view is a little too low to allow you to see a play develop.  In particular, I think it worse that the traditional sideline view for showing screen passes develop and for showing a pass rush from the outside.

Perhaps they could cycle through three or four different options, swapping out drive by drive or say by quarter, rather than sticking with one viewpoint throughout the entire game. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived