NHL Adidas Redesign

DTConcepts

On 11/3/2017 at 5:22 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Thanks for the kind words! Next up are the Isles.

59fcdd849add1_adidaspng.thumb.png.e511b1b7d67b83ced8425bcd47c7a512.png

59fcdd944346a_alternatepng.thumb.png.a96ce0230175a5473369c5bc3a9610a2.png

The home goes back to the jerseys worn during the Islanders dynasty era, when the team was at its finest. The away is the first primary jersey in team history to utilize a shoulder yoke, and a modern one at that. The alternate uses the teal from the Isles' Fisherman era, but stops short of diving all the way in with the fishsticks logo and all.

Overall, this one's a mesh of eras that I'm pretty happy with. What are your thoughts?

Loving the teal!!!! Captain Fishsticks is one of my favourite logos of all time. (look at it closely, great execution) But I respect your choice of hte newer alt logo. Wouldn't have minded seing the wavy stripes back.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 2 weeks later...

And now, another update that comes weeks after the last post. Here are the Buffalo Sabres

TUfv6bx.jpg

hNoQslw.jpg

For the Sabres, I kept the navy blue for the primary set, which is something I know a lot of people are against. The striping there is really classical and simple, and the yokes are a solid mix between traditional and modern styles. The alternate was inspired by the first Sabres uniforms, and uses the gorgeous Winter Classic logo the Sabres are going with this year.

So, what do ya think? I'll try to keep this series a little more regular now.

Nothing? That's fine. Here are a few more teams.

1a873vr.jpg

O18ezc6.png

The Devils' new jerseys suck. There wasn't anything wrong with the old ones, but I can't say I wouldn't support modernizing them. That's what I did here, adding a bevel to the logo, as well as redoing the striping. The alternate is where it gets more retro, introducing green to the color palette. I almost made the entire jersey green, but I figured it'd be hard for the Devils organization to make that leap without green being an already-prominent color in their identity, so I held off on that idea.

hK6oxQW.jpg

peVmoto.png

The Sens are another team in need of an update, considering they won't let go of their cookie-cutter Reebok jerseys. These incorporate a more traditional striping pattern, as well as the gorgeous side-view logo. While red and black remain the two main colors, I added gold into the mix to bring a more unique identity to the Sens. The alternate really doesn't change from their previous one, so there's not a whole lot to go on there.

What all do you think?

On 12/13/2017 at 11:20 PM, Zeus89725 said:

Nothing? That's fine. Here are a few more teams.

1a873vr.jpg

O18ezc6.png

The Devils' new jerseys suck. There wasn't anything wrong with the old ones, but I can't say I wouldn't support modernizing them. That's what I did here, adding a bevel to the logo, as well as redoing the striping. The alternate is where it gets more retro, introducing green to the color palette. I almost made the entire jersey green, but I figured it'd be hard for the Devils organization to make that leap without green being an already-prominent color in their identity, so I held off on that idea.

hK6oxQW.jpg

peVmoto.png

The Sens are another team in need of an update, considering they won't let go of their cookie-cutter Reebok jerseys. These incorporate a more traditional striping pattern, as well as the gorgeous side-view logo. While red and black remain the two main colors, I added gold into the mix to bring a more unique identity to the Sens. The alternate really doesn't change from their previous one, so there's not a whole lot to go on there.

What all do you think?

I like where you're going with the devils. The red crest on the red jersey is a little lost though.

Here are the next few teams.

0LMDMWV.jpg

kFNT0bZ.png

With the Yotes, I tried to combine their two best uniforms, the original Kachina ones, and the set they have now. I kept the shoulder-based striping, while adding the Kachina striping onto it. The away jersey becomes sand colored, to give them a more unique and distinct identity. The alternate was inspired by their old black alternate, which I wanted to emulate in a more traditional way. The striping is pretty basic, but it makes for a slick look if you ask me.

7LW3S3N.jpg

Juz1oi5.png

As with a lot of my other designs, I tried to keep it simple with the Stars. The home and away remain modern like they are now, but with minor striping fixes, and more silver in the uniforms. The alternate obviously comes from their Cup-winning jerseys, which were surprisingly hard to translate onto the Adidas template. Regardless, I'd say it looks pretty slick.

What do you guys think?

Archived