2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Normally we discus the new MLS kits in the 2018 Soccer Kits thread, which appears not to be up yet. It will be made when the first news breaks.

MLS had it's own separate thread for 2017.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

2 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

And I was thankful for it. The soccer megathread can sometimes get moving as fast as the college football thread. 

That's understandable. Considering the megathread covers every club in the world.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Looking forward to what MNUFC will be doing. Heard they're getting rid of the grays. I'm hoping they just go darker grey, like their NASL days. As much as I loved their light blue NASL look, it feels too NYCFC for the MLS (unless they went grey or black shorts with the blue jersey and stripes on the jersey to match).

18 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Speaking of NYCFC, the hypnokits are done.  Hearing rumors of a white change kit to replace it. 

A version of the parent club's claret aways would be better. Columbus will be due for new away kits, black of course. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

No, we have our own identity.  As much as I love claret on its own, it wouldn't be right for New York City.  Save it for the sister club.

id love to see an orange out for NYCFC.

Only would really clash with houston, added benefit..

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

6 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

id love to see an orange out for NYCFC.

Only would really clash with houston, added benefit..

Orange would be interesting for sure, but I'm not sure how good it would look.

I would really love for Orlando to get a new white jersey with red incorporated. Save the all-purple-all-the-time for the primary.

ExJworW.png

21 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Looking forward to what MNUFC will be doing. Heard they're getting rid of the grays. I'm hoping they just go darker grey, like their NASL days. As much as I loved their light blue NASL look, it feels too NYCFC for the MLS (unless they went grey or black shorts with the blue jersey and stripes on the jersey to match).

I'd be surprised if there was a kit change for MN after one year. Though it looks like Orlando changed one kit after their first year. 

Whitecaps are due for a new dark kit. 

I want the Sounders to go blue and green vertical stripes one of these days, I think it would look awesome.

Failing that, I’d like to see an actual Sounder Blue alt... they haven’t worn it since MLS season 2, and IIRC they won a lot of games in them. I still have my shirt.

My realistic guess is we’ll get either black or cascade shale. And I hope if XBox leaves the new sponsor isn’t something awful (I am personally disgusted by the upswing in the healthcare industry’s spending on ads)

(If I was a betting man I’d say Delta is the new shirt sponsor, to fire shots at Seattle-headquartered Timber sponsor Alaska Airlines)

But my favorite thing of all would be a second ⭐️ 

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Archived