2018 MLS Kits

labc93

3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Umm...

Seattle-Sounders-2015-Away-Kit+(3).jpg

Umm...

J7gJXi3.jpg10393503173_8a149a2359_b.jpg

Portland%20Timbers%20Takayuki%20Suzuki_02012-Third.0.jpg

I’m not really sure what your point is since both clubs have pretty extensive histories of having white kits. I personally love the new Timbers secondary because there’s a clear retro influence from the white kits of the old NASL Timbers, while keeping some more modern aspects as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timbers look great, as usual. I do miss that they were one of the only teams to have a wholly different away look, and MLS does not need another mono-white away kit ... but I get the history and it's about as good a mono-white as you'll ever see. I loved their all-white thirds a few years back but now looking back at it, I hate the shade of green they used on that one!

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

39 minutes ago, Digby said:

Timbers look great, as usual. I do miss that they were one of the only teams to have a wholly different away look, and MLS does not need another mono-white away kit ... but I get the history and it's about as good a mono-white as you'll ever see. I loved their all-white thirds a few years back but now looking back at it, I hate the shade of green they used on that one!

The good news about that is that Merritt Paulson has already said the Rose City reds will be back at some point:

I suspect whenever they do return to the Rose City reds, they’ll go back to the original red/white scheme to comply with the league’s push for increased contrast between kits.

Also, as an aside, it’s pretty cool that both of their kits now are essentially modernized versions of their two retro-inspired third kits:

portland-timbers-unveil-new-secondary-an390405_10150452696927236_182844932235_86

2017-timbers-kit-0471f5a9a072f708.jpg

portland-timbers-2018-away-kit-5.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I’m not really sure what your point is since both clubs have pretty extensive histories of having white kits. I personally love the new Timbers secondary because there’s a clear retro influence from the white kits of the old NASL Timbers, while keeping some more modern aspects as well.

Sure, but the cuts and finish between those couple-year-old Sounders set and the new Timbers set are nearly identical; only the collar is different.

These things happen when 1) so much of the league uses templates and 2) the Sounders used a green not in their template. I just thought it was fun to point out that one rival aped another.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

47 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Sure, but the cuts and finish between those couple-year-old Sounders set and the new Timbers set are nearly identical; only the collar is different.

These things happen when 1) so much of the league uses templates and 2) the Sounders used a green not in their template. I just thought it was fun to point out that one rival aped another.

IMO that white Sounders kit from 2015/16 was just a lazy fill-in of that year’s template, whereas the Timbers’ new secondary actually takes cues from past kits and applies them to this year’s template. Between the two, one is definitely boring and rudimentary, and the other is clean and inspired. Even though I’m admittedly biased, I’d say the Timbers’ kit is the latter. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

IMO that white Sounders kit from 2015/16 was just a lazy fill-in of that year’s template, whereas the Timbers’ new secondary actually takes cues from past kits and applies them to this year’s template. Between the two, one is definitely boring and rudimentary, and the other is clean and inspired. Even though I’m admittedly biased, I’d say the Timbers’ kit is the latter. 

FWIW, that specific Sounders kit is almost universally reviled by the fanbase, in part because the team had some truly terrible losses in it and it looks like boring garbage. At the same time, I was able to buy a shirt cheap, so I wear it with quasi-pride.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Some long-time SKC season ticket holders who apparently "know people" are saying that Sporting is considering major changes to the team's identity. No specifics have been given since they don't want to burn sources, but these people are well trusted in the tight-knit SKC online community. Many of these guys are Cauldron members and tailgate IRL. These claims are not coming from random trolls. 

42 minutes ago, zigbazah said:

Some long-time SKC season ticket holders who apparently "know people" are saying that Sporting is considering major changes to the team's identity. No specifics have been given since they don't want to burn sources, but these people are well trusted in the tight-knit SKC online community. Many of these guys are Cauldron members and tailgate IRL. These claims are not coming from random trolls. 

#SaveTheWizards

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

24 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

Best part of the new timbers kit? They can mix and match and it'll look fantastic. 

(Shirt shirt sock)

Green White Green

White white green

White green green. 

All fantastic, and I'm not even naming all of the good combos. 

Ehh, I’m not really sure I wanna see them mix and match. The OCD in me would be really irritated by the different axe colors on the crests of the green and white shirts and shorts if they did mix and match those pieces. The green socks would work in seamlessly with the white shirt and shorts, but other than that none of the other combos would be all that cohesive since the crests wouldn’t match and the stripes on the white socks wouldn’t match the stripes on the green shirt and shorts. Last year’s white shorts were okay since the crest was colored the same as on the shirt:

San-Jose-Earthquakes-versus-Portland-Tim

I doubt they’ll mix and match though anyways since the all-green and all-white options should always provide them with a sufficiently contrasting kit. And considering that the only times they wore the white shorts and socks last season were when they were needed to increase contrast, I doubt they’ll just mix and match for the fun of it this year.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

This is the new NYCFC touchline jacket.  Think it might give us a clue as to the clash kit color scheme?

DULz3Z2V4AAnT0_.jpg

A lot of us are hoping that the shirt will use the monogram instead of full badge. 

It seems more likely to me that the new kit will have this monochrome crest:

o70SnbV6_400x400.jpgDUV7GuyW0AATO44?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived