2018 MLS Kits

labc93

2 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

I was talking about Minnesota lol! A "wing"... I hate when I have to explain my jokes smh

no worries, I tend to zoom in on what I was talking about and got confused. Hahahahaha!!!!

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/30/2018 at 8:18 AM, upperV03 said:

FH’s mockup of the Whitecaps away shirt, which they’re saying is dark gray and silver:

vancouver-whitecaps-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

Not a fan, personally. The pattern is nice, but the dark gray and silver color scheme is puzzling for them. I’d much prefer it if it was navy with light blue accents, but even that’d be a bit uninspired still, especially after their last away kit. Frankly I’d like to see them freshen up their away kit one of these years by going with a royal blue/cyan color scheme as a tribute to their old NASL kits.

Don't like them going away from blue, but it's still better than the brown jerseys they wore a few years ago.

VWC posted this on instagram, further confirming the dark grey/black kit.

Also is the rubber/unique detailing on the badges new this for this year or have some teams had this on their kits from the past?

https://www.facebook.com/whitecapsfc/photos/a.10150149944748794.297747.45988978793/10156080759608794/?type=3&theater

25 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Also is the rubber/unique detailing on the badges new this for this year or have some teams had this on their kits from the past?

Adidas had experimented with different crest textures and effects over the last several years, but last season’s kits were the first to feature this specific crest style with the unique textural detailing inside.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 1/30/2018 at 10:36 PM, upperV03 said:

Leak of the Fire home shirt:

2018.jpg

Looks to be a tribute to their inaugural home shirt:

Well, looks like I'm buying a new Fire jersey.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A user on the MNUFC subreddit who apparently had some correct info on last year's kits had this to say about their new primary:

AvBDfrH.png

Again, it's reddit, so definitely take it with a grain of salt. Based on leaks, we already know the shirt will have the side stripes and henley collar, so it'll be interesting to see whether or not it actually has vertical stripes like this guy is claiming.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

A user on the MNUFC subreddit who apparently had some correct info on last year's kits had this to say about their new primary:

AvBDfrH.png

Again, it's reddit, so definitely take it with a grain of salt. Based on leaks, we already know the shirt will have the side stripes and henley collar, so it'll be interesting to see whether or not it actually has vertical stripes like this guy is claiming.

So would it be similar in vein to what the Revs just released then? Or something else? If it looks like the UCL Man City kit from years ago I'd be OK with it.2014-Top-quality-Manchester-city-jersey-

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

AvBDfrH.png

Well that's disappointing. I feel like they're botching their kit identity big time here with randomness. They go from an iconic to wing to a blue sash (which I'm fine with, it was a good look and given the short turn around time I thought turned out well) to now 2 tone vertical stripes? Ugh. I hope it turns out well but this is disappointing to hear. Feels like the look is all over the map especially since nowhere in their marketing is a 2 tone vertical stripe used. 

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

So would it be similar in vein to what the Revs just released then? Or something else? If it looks like the UCL Man City kit from years ago I'd be OK with it.2014-Top-quality-Manchester-city-jersey-

I’m assuming it means full vertical stripes on the front with the two different shades of gray, not just stripes running under under the crest. I could be wrong, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I'd venture to guess it's vertical stripes across the full front, and also that the stripes are thinner than the stripes in the mockup above.  The new Union and DCU kits both have relatively thin tonal hoops.  That might be a trend for Adidas here and we just see it as thin stripes instead of hoops on MNUFC

15 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple different mockups I whipped up, one with full vertical stripes and one with a stripe design like that old Man City away shirt:

b8orUYN.jpgVvMrUY8.jpg

I really like both of these, I know a lot of people will be upset if the wings don't show up, but they could always put the wing design on the away kit for next year. I definitely think both are a classy look.  

10 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Okay, first...can I get your template? :) Second... yeah, I don't mind that.

8 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Also, I'm a contributor on https://www.epluribusloonum.com/. Mind if I use your mockups for a post I'm making and credit you?

The original template is from raysox, but yeah, I can provide you with a copy of my edited version. I’ll work on getting a blank version for you here in the next couple days, and shoot you a PM with it. And yeah, feel free to use those mockups if you want. Just use my screen name here and my actual name, which is Jonah Henderson.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

28 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

The original template is from raysox, but yeah, I can provide you with a copy of my edited version. I’ll work on getting a blank version for you here in the next couple days, and shoot you a PM with it. And yeah, feel free to use those mockups if you want. Just use my screen name here and my actual name, which is Jonah Henderson.

Thank you! I'll let you know when the post drops. 

Archived