labc93

2018 MLS Kits

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It’s also the same as Colombia.

That’s the real problem. Adidas shouldn’t be recycling that design for anyone, whether it be a pre-match shirt for their big clubs like RM, Juve, etc., or a match kit for an MLS club like NYCFC. It’s patterned after the Colombia 1990 home kit, so it actually has some significance to Colombia, but it has zero significance to the clubs Adidas is recycling the design for. You wouldn’t see Adidas recycling the classic Germany ‘88 home kit design for anyone but Germany, so it should be the same for Colombia as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At its heart, though, it's an Adidas design, not really a Colombia design.  Three stripes and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Mockba said:

At its heart, though, it's an Adidas design, not really a Colombia design.  Three stripes and all that.

 

But it's inherently Columbia's design. You don't see adidas giving away the MUFC Class of 92 design to other adidas teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blue shirts? I'd say it's being treated as leisure clothing so not surprised it's only being seen at United. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possible Sounders leak

 

Link

 

If true it’s an interesting design to make the front look like one of those microfiber couch cushions

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TenaciousG said:

Possible Sounders leak

 

Link

 

If true it’s an interesting design to make the front look like one of those microfiber couch cushions

Wow, that’s absolutely atrocious. Good ol’ Flounders making their rave green look even worse than it already does. Their last primary kits were a step in the right direction with the blue sleeves and subtle pattern, but this is a huge step back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Is that supposed to be like a forest print or something? Looks dumb.

 

That's also a replica, so if that's the new shirt, maybe the authentic is better defined.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here’s a few teasers:

DVPydQoU0AAzbQH?format=jpg

DVPlDa0VQAAFdnw?format=jpgDVPqwiaU8AAjSdB?format=jpg

It certainly seems like the leaks are accurate, which I find to be absolutely hilarious. Also, it’s interesting that they’re showing the players with blue shorts and socks since that’s not their usual home kit combo and Lodeiro was wearing the regular blue shorts/green socks at MLS Media Day:

LR7Z0jJ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a USL thread? IDK. 

 

Here's FC Cincinnati's new look

 

DVRuKwQXcAE_CuO.jpg:large

 

I like it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 8:12 PM, upperV03 said:

Here’s a couple different mockups I whipped up, one with full vertical stripes and one with a stripe design like that old Man City away shirt:

b8orUYN.jpgVvMrUY8.jpg

Confirm it's close to the top mock up design.  I'm the reddit poster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2018 at 5:49 PM, upperV03 said:

A user on the MNUFC subreddit who apparently had some correct info on last year's kits had this to say about their new primary:

AvBDfrH.png

Again, it's reddit, so definitely take it with a grain of salt. Based on leaks, we already know the shirt will have the side stripes and henley collar, so it'll be interesting to see whether or not it actually has vertical stripes like this guy is claiming.

 

 

That's me, I have seen it.  It has vertical stripes and looks very close to the mock that the poster did on here.  I did not have information on the 2017 kits, for the record. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Is there a USL thread? IDK. 

 

Here's FC Cincinnati's new look

 

DVRuKwQXcAE_CuO.jpg:large

 

I like it. 

Great to see that Nike let them customize their look a bit more this year. The home looks awesome. The change kit looks a bit weird with the white chest strip behind the Toyota logo.

 

Now...hopefully before they jump to MLS they'll drop that that odd ball-accent on the top of their logo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mnufcfan said:

 

 

That's me, I have seen it.  It has vertical stripes and looks very close to the mock that the poster did on here.  I did not have information on the 2017 kits, for the record. 

 

Does it feel like a MNUFC kit? As a season ticket holder of 4 years, I'm worried that going this direction will be a bit of an adjustment after having the wing and then a blue sash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

 

Does it feel like a MNUFC kit? As a season ticket holder of 4 years, I'm worried that going this direction will be a bit of an adjustment after having the wing and then a blue sash.

 

 

This is year 3 for me as a season ticket holder also, i hated the sash last year, and am not a wing fan either (I think having the wing on our beautiful crest is enough).  I think if it was thinner stripes with black and dark grey it would be a perfect kit.  Personally I like what I saw but know there will be plenty who don't like it due to the no wing- and of course the similar kit to Atlanta now.  I think they were way too rushed last year and what we ended up with were just place holders until we figure out our identity 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mnufcfan said:

 

 

This is year 3 for me as a season ticket holder also, i hated the sash last year, and am not a wing fan either (I think having the wing on our beautiful crest is enough).  I think if it was thinner stripes with black and dark grey it would be a perfect kit.  Personally I like what I saw but know there will be plenty who don't like it due to the no wing- and of course the similar kit to Atlanta now.  I think they were way too rushed last year and what we ended up with were just place holders until we figure out our identity 

 

Thanks! Appreciate hearing that perspective. I'm happy that it appears they darkened the gray quite a bit if nothing else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.