2018 MLS Kits

labc93

The Whitecaps’ kit looks much better than I expected it to given FH’s mockup. I’m still not sold on the black base, especially now that SKC is going that route as well, but the pattern and silver accents are both pretty sharp. 

As for the Sounders, that shirt is just terrible. Laughable, really. Not sure what they were thinking with that pattern, but in any case it doesn’t look any better on the authentics than it did on the leaked replicas. I will say though that I like the blue shorts and socks combo pictured there, but I’d be surprised if they don’t still go with the regular blue shorts/green socks look at home.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sounders kits are disappointing, but from up in the stands will probably look fine. I hope they can add a blue third again.

Only thing I love is the “YOU WILL HEAR US” nod to Sounder at Heart

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

3 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

The Sounders kits are disappointing, but from up in the stands will probably look fine. I hope they can add a blue third again.

Only thing I love is the “YOU WILL HEAR US” nod to Sounder at Heart

Third kits are officially gone league-wide now. The Sounders’ pacific blue thirds were the last ones, and those are now retired.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Here’s another look at the full Sounders kit, this time with the green socks:

New-Rave-Green---SSFC-2018.jpg

The pattern looks even more pronounced, and therefore even worse, in this view.

Also, here’s a look at the full Whitecaps secondary:

VAN-Unity-Jersey---VWFC-2018.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Seattle: That design is just unnecessary. It would be a great uniform without it. Sure, experiment with a design like that on a secondary or third jersey. But not a primary jersey, ESPECIALLY one that is going to last 2 cycles.

Vancouver: Beautiful. I honestly think I'll buy one just because its a nice kit. 

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Third kits are officially gone league-wide now. The Sounders’ pacific blue thirds were the last ones, and those are now retired.

Sad!

I really thought MLS wanted more of my money.  For branding I suppose it’s better. Like in the case of the Sounders if they had bad luck in a certain kit (Olympic Whites, for example) they would hardly ever wear it. Their inaugural blue kits were an awesome color and they always played well but for some reason still never wore them.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

44 minutes ago, redjives said:

That sounders kit looks a lot like a recolored 2017/18 Ajax away kit (which is meant to be updated version of their 1994/95 away).

Between that and the classic-style Adidas stripes NYCFC is getting, it's weird that MLS is getting kits nostalgic for an era that it didn't have.

Funny thing is that teams like DC and Columbus DO have a wacky 90s history to mine and update.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Between that and the classic-style Adidas stripes NYCFC is getting, it's weird that MLS is getting kits nostalgic for an era that it didn't have.

Funny thing is that teams like DC and Columbus DO have a wacky 90s history to mine and update.

Would really love to see adidas and MLS embrace throwbacks for a couple weeks out of the year as well. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Timbers just announced that they’ve extended their partnership with Alaska Airlines:

As a Timbers fan, this makes me really happy to hear. They’ve been a terrific partner, supporting the club’s charity and other community-related initiatives, as well as their youth camps. Plus, their logo, especially the newest version, is pretty unobtrusive and really doesn’t detract too much from the overall look of the kits.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, redjives said:

That sounders kit looks a lot like a recolored 2017/18 Ajax away kit (which is meant to be updated version of their 1994/95 away).

ajax-17-18-away-kit-1.jpg

Good call. I knew i recognized it from somewhere. Yea, weird that MLS isnt giving MLS teams unique designs between this, NYCFC away (Colombia) and even RedBulls away (Sweden)

Is it possible that Adidas sees MLS as just a lower tier and thus doesn't want to commit serious resources to it? Or could the World Cup be effecting it? I'm not sure which (if any) teams they are working on for that. I don't know, just spit balling. But there was one guy on a fan blog trying to argue that Adidas could've accelerated their timeframe for the MNUFC due to sales and given them the wing this year, but the claims all seemed based upon the idea that the MLS (and namely MNUFC) were this high priority client.

What is that Sounders shirt even supposed to be? Besides incredibly stupid?

Is the new keeper kit a partnership with AT&T? Because it looks that way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, Corvus said:

Boom, whitecaps jersey. Featuring triangle power. 

WFC18-027-JerseyLaunch-Microsite-Infogra

The Whitecaps say that it's steel grey as a nod to ironworkers and as a tribute to the 60th anniversary of the death of 18 workers during the construction of the Second Narrows Bridge which collapsed.

Now that there is a reason for the colour, I'm fine with it.

Archived