2018 MLS Kits

labc93

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Someone really needs to revise the auto censorship system,lol. I mean... what's wrong with S:censored:horpe United? That's just how they're called!

Reminds me of the old chestnut about did you know three English football clubs have swears in their names?.

Sc*nthorpe, Arse-nal, and Manchester :censored: ing United.

:D 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s another look at the full Rapids kit, showing both sock options:

Rapids-laydown-kit-image.jpg

That's gorgeous.  Not a huge fan of the blue socks, but with the burgandy socks that kit has a perfect balance between the two colors.  And virtually no white.  Nicely done.

10 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Wait, soccer socks aren't actually socks?  The ones above are sleeves like hockey socks.  Is this new?

14 minutes ago, Sabres7200 said:

Wait, soccer socks aren't actually socks?  They're sleeves like hockey?  Is this universal in pro soccer?  I feel pretty dumb.

Traditionally soccer socks have been full-length socks. It’s definitely not universal for the socks to be cut-offs, though it’s become more and more popular over the last several years for players to cut their socks above the ankles and wear crew socks with better grip and/or padding underneath. Because of that, Adidas has started to make sleeve-like socks for players to wear instead of having them cut the full-length socks:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/soccer/soccer/2018/02/01/mls-trialing-new-socks-adidas-uniforms

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Pretty annoyed at all the slate shades of black/gray and (or) Adidas re-using old patterns. Big fan of Chicago's, and mostly as a reaction to all the black kits and re-used patterns Dallas' has earned more points for at least trying to do something unique. That is unless even Dallas' has knocked off another old Adidas kit that I haven't seen or remember. I will say that I'm a big fan of DC's, I think the red really pops with all the black and gray. That and the left-bottom tag looks class.

spacer.png

23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

So far out of all the kits put out, Colorado might be one of the kits I pull the trigger on and buy, DCU, Chicago & MNUFC are close seconds.

Also while no release from LAFC about kits yet, redditor u/Clipdodgecharge made a mockup of what their home kit *could* look like. I think if they went with just the play button like how MNU has just the target logo, it'll look much cleaner.mjefgvfdbjd01.jpg

This season the Impact will continue wearing their primary kits from the past two seasons, but adding a 25th anniversary patch between the crest and Adidas logo, and using silver names and numbers to celebrate the club’s silver anniversary. The numbers also have a small fleur-de-lis on them, and the socks have “25” on them.

https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2018/02/09/continuity-touch-renewal-0

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

On 2/6/2018 at 8:45 PM, Gothamite said:

I hate hate hate that they put the Texas flag on their jerseys.  They’re neither the only club in Texas or in the state capital; it’s arrogant to try to claim the state. 

Houston has a fine flag that could be adapted the way NYCFC adapted the New York flag. And it’s even a good shade of blue if they wanted to do a Space Blue color-swap. 

rawImage.jpg

Never seen the Houston city flag... this makes me appreciate the Minute Maid Park train even more 

90758391980.gif

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Also while no release from LAFC about kits yet, redditor u/Clipdodgecharge made a mockup of what their home kit *could* look like. I think if they went with just the play button like how MNU has just the target logo, it'll look much cleaner.mjefgvfdbjd01.jpg

That's nice, but the colors of the MLS badge are all wrong.  This is what we should expect to see on the sleeves:

DT8Dt5mVQAAM4Mo.jpg

I was curious what Philly would do with last year’s secondary kit since they updated their crest. They’re keeping the old kit but did indeed update the crest. This reminds me how much better the shirt would be without the side panels.

Old:

9p1yXSK.jpg

New:

hpgZCVZ.jpg

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This season the Impact will continue wearing their primary kits from the past two seasons, but adding a 25th anniversary patch between the crest and Adidas logo, and using silver names and numbers to celebrate the club’s silver anniversary. The numbers also have a small fleur-de-lis on them, and the socks have “25” on them.

https://www.impactmontreal.com/en/post/2018/02/09/continuity-touch-renewal-0

Happy to see the perfectly good home kit stick around, but there is now waaaay too much going on on the front of the shirt. And silver lettering on the back only serves to make everything harder to read.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

7 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Except just the play button wouldn't be YouTube TV. It could just represent YouTube and they want to push the YTTV brand.

44 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Montréal keeping a kit for a third season is pretty much unheard of nowadays. Very interesting. Hopefully this means they’ve at least identified that their stripes are their best look.

San Jose did it with their blue/black/blue home kits, keeping them from 2014-2016. But yeah, other than that and the Impact now keeping their primaries around for a third season, it is pretty rare nowadays. I’m just hoping they’re not planning to move away from the striped kits next season, and so they wanted to wait until after their 25th anniversary season to make that change. It’d be a real shame to see them go back to the generic blue kits they used to have because their current primaries are one of the better and more unique looks in the league.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I actually visited the team boutique at Stade Saputo today and asked about a new kit and they said the Impact are not getting one this year. The one Adidas proposed was apparently "so ugly they rejected it", so nothing will be different in Montreal this year.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived