2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I didn't really notice that touch of red on the DC United's henley.  Really like it.

DV8KrlZVwAEOeDm.jpg

Between that touch of red and the tonal Adidas stripes, I really like the new shirt.

This is a gorgeous kit.

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

And they did.  Not really seeing the problem there.

In other news, I'm kind of digging this kit.  Especially with orange shoes.

DV4C2sxVoAA1XLW.jpg:large

This is is a gorgeous kits

1 hour ago, Digby said:

DV710rPU8AAS-RB.jpg:large

I was promised peaches and cream. This looks more like peach-ish and white patterned.

This looks like a Houston Dynamo kit. 

If it’s really a “Peaches & Cream” theme, Atlanta should’ve done parchment instead of white.

NYCdog.png

2 hours ago, NYCdog said:

This looks like a Houston Dynamo kit. 

If it’s really a “Peaches & Cream” theme, Atlanta should’ve done parchment instead of white.

Yeah, I mean last year's secondary for them wasn't the most interesting look, but this new kit is pretty bland by itself. I hope they roll with orange shorts because as a whole that would look better, but I think Adidas has dropped the ball with the secondary designs this year (other than Portland,) but their primary kits have actually been pretty on-point to me. DC United's kit is my favorite so far. I would buy it. Dallas has grown a lot on me too, I'm actually kind of liking it now.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Not sure if this now-defaced mural was officially commissioned by LAFC, but Galaxy fans have been calling it a "paid advertisement."

DV7wR_MUMAAmBT4.jpg

Could have been artistic license, though it would be odd if LAFC paid for marketing that featured an inaccurate kit. 

On the LAFC sub-reddit someone pointed out that the whole picture is seemingly based on a picture of Vela back in his early Sociedad days, with the stripes on the kit and everything. I don't think the club, if they've been as silent as they have been over the kits, would tip their hat like this. They'd tease it out the wazoo on their twitter account like they have been with just about everything else they've done. Plus Galaxy fans are all acting childish about the new team coming in so I would not believe anything they say about LAFC. I think it's probably just artistic license. That said, I would not be too upset if this was the real look.

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, SuperNerdToTheRescue said:

Not sure if this now-defaced mural was officially commissioned by LAFC, but Galaxy fans have been calling it a "paid advertisement."

DV7wR_MUMAAmBT4.jpg

Could have been artistic license, though it would be odd if LAFC paid for marketing that featured an inaccurate kit. 

As I said yesterday:

On 2/12/2018 at 10:20 AM, upperV03 said:

That mural looks to be based off of this image of Vela from back in his early Real Sociedad days:vela_carlos-1040x572.jpg

They just recolored the Real Sociedad jersey to feature the LAFC colors and logo. That’s not to say their inaugural home kit won’t look something like what’s shown in the mural, and I’ve seen a couple people say that the shirt will have dark gray in some capacity, but I definitely wouldn’t jump to conclusion that what’s shown in that mural is in fact their new home kit design since it’s pretty clear they just recolored the Sociedad shirt.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

LAFC have to be all black, right? Everything they've shown is pointing to that -- stripes would look terrible.

No pics, but I saw the new Sounders shirt at the downtown team shop yesterday. It's not very inspiring in person either. At least it will only last one year.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

50 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

LAFC have to be all black, right? Everything they've shown is pointing to that -- stripes would look terrible.

They better be.  And the less white, the better.  They may have to use it sparingly on the outline of their MLS shield, but it shouldn't be anywhere else.  Black and gold is all they need, can't go wrong with a color scheme like that.

DVonZsKVoAAcj0r.jpg

50 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

No pics, but I saw the new Sounders shirt at the downtown team shop yesterday. It's not very inspiring in person either. At least it will only last one year.

What makes you say that?  The club itself said the 2018-2019 seaons.

17 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

What makes you say that?  The club itself said the 2018-2019 seaons.

Because they're so fugly I can't imagine a second year for them :)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

16 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Because they're so fugly I can't imagine a second year for them :)

Ah, gotcha.

As we've seen, beauty or the lack thereof is rather irrelevant to the two-year cycle.  I would expect a minor change next year, with the 10th Anniversary Sounders Alliance jock tag dropped.  But NYCFC did that with their 2015 Inaugural Season jock tag, wearing the same shirt in 2016 with no jock tag.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

I could see LAFC using some sort of tonal graphic pattern similar to this:

WelcomeVela_Instagram.jpg

If they did exactly like that I'd be down for that. Considering the crest is so art-deco and geometric looking, I think they'd be wise to embrace that kind of geometry in the kit design. Solid black by itself could look clean, but also runs the risk of being too bland (like the Brooklyn Nets), plus given all the black/slate solid kits this year, even though LA's color scheme is black-centric, I think they'd be wise to throw on some pattern. I don't mind Colorado going solid because I love their color scheme, but solid black would be too bland for me. DC proved that tonal hoops can look rocking, so if LA decides to do something like that picture for the kit, yeah, that'd look dope. One can hope.

spacer.png

5vdu67p8uvf01.jpgcp4770mcuvf01.jpg

First, I should note that these are concepts, so to be absolutely clear about that. But I found these on the LAFC sub-reddit (credit: DurtyEnglish), but this look for a first year outing would be ideal for me, especially the white secondary. The club and Adidas need to be very careful how they approach the kits because black, gold, and white run the risk of looking exceptionally bland if not handled right. I think these would be great. 

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I as well have been surprised at the lack of information from Orlando. They're probably just going to get another recycled-national-team-pattern white jersey, but, y'know...

The Orlando kit is being unveiled at an event on the 23rd, apparently. Thus far they've done a good job of keeping it under wraps.

1 hour ago, Jaffa said:

The Orlando kit is being unveiled at an event on the 23rd, apparently. Thus far they've done a good job of keeping it under wraps.

Long time between then and now, though.  And we’ve seen how one retailer can ruin the whole thing. 

Archived