2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Digby said:

My favorite was all THREE kits for Sporting Kansas City in 2014. What the hell! 

FORMATTED_All3_3.jpg

Kansas City's home design for next year should be the argyle across the chest, on a sky blue kit. THAT would be gorgeous.

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

No, it's why MLS should either (a) bring third kits in or (b) ensure that either a team's home or away kit clashes with every other team in the league's kit.

That'd be nice. I wish the MLS allowed third kits. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Digby said:

My favorite was all THREE kits for Sporting Kansas City in 2014. What the hell! 

FORMATTED_All3_3.jpg

I remember Philadelphia and New England wearing their clashes at home the first year SKC had that home set. Later on, both Philly and New England wore navy vs. SKC in their homes. Ended up being a better clash on the field than you would have expected. Probably helped that the back of the SKC jerseys weren't part navy like the front. 

New Atlanta kits are being released right now at an open training session with the fans. Curious to see what color shorts and socks they go with. I’m hoping all white. I can dig the peach trim, but heavier doses will make me dislike it a bit.

https://www.atlutd.com/kingpeach

Edit- all white.

The website says the pattern is inspired by both a soccer ball and the stadium, but I’m wondering if it’s a custom design or a recycled pattern like a lot of other MLS kits this year.

KP_Cover.JPG

KP_TheCrest.jpg

KP_ThePattern.jpg

KP_ATLUTD.jpg

KP_MLSLogo.jpg

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

New Atlanta kits are being released right now at an open training session with the fans. Curious to see what color shorts and socks they go with. I’m hoping all white. I can dig the peach trim, but heavier doses will make me dislike it a bit.

https://www.atlutd.com/kingpeach

Edit- all white.

The website says the pattern is inspired by both a soccer ball and the stadium, but I’m wondering if it’s a custom design or a recycled pattern like a lot of other MLS kits this year.

KP_Cover.JPG

KP_TheCrest.jpg

KP_ThePattern.jpg

KP_ATLUTD.jpg

KP_MLSLogo.jpg

If there was ever a kit to do a fuzzy flock texture on the crest...

48 minutes ago, GFB said:

K E  RN   I N G   I   S    IM   P  O R    T   AN  T.

*Facepalm* The official wordmark was built so the Ts are only angled when they nest into the As. That memo must have gotten lost in the circular file. :rolleyes:

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 hour ago, ManuelCh said:

I think i've seen that pattern in some pre-match jerseys last season. Maybe these?IfpI02b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Yeah, and these as well:

Bayern+Munich+17-18+Pre-Match+Shirt+%252

The pattern on the new ATL shirt definitely looks to be derived from both of the patterns used on these two pre-match shirts, but at least it’s not a direct copy like the designs on the new NYCFC and San Jose kits (Toronto and Houston, as well).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Yeah, and these as well:

Bayern+Munich+17-18+Pre-Match+Shirt+%252

The pattern on the new ATL shirt definitely looks to be derived from both of the patterns used on these two pre-match shirts, but at least it’s not a direct copy like the designs on the new NYCFC and San Jose kits (Toronto and Houston, as well).

Yeah it looks very similar to both of those but almost like the patterns are overlayed or repeated a few times over.

Man, the Timbers’ new away kit pairs so well with the carried-over primaries:

27797617_10156130803082236_2193183004110

Really a beautiful set all around, although I continue to be slightly bothered by the mismatched MLS badges on the home kit (and to a lesser extent the monochrome MLS badges on the new away kit).

And as an aside, kudos to the Timbers for using the crest from the 2016/17 Rose City red secondaries on the new black and red (technically “Dark Grey” and “Unity Pink”) keeper kit colorway:

27982618_10156130802467236_2373710883012

Keeps some of the Rose City red flavor alive, even though this particular keeper kit colorway will probably only be used in about 1/4 of their games. Still, it’s a nice little extra touch on their part, and hopefully this’ll be their first choice keeper kit this season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

24 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

Weird that they haven't changed the MLS logo to match their uniform colors. The lime green sticks out a little bit.

Again, as I’ve said on here before, it seems like the league has a rule that the MLS badges on teams’ primary kits must be the official team versions with the primary colors of the respective clubs. That’s really the only logical explanation for it, because I’m sure the Timbers would have the MLS badges better match the color scheme of the kit if it were solely their choice (like on their third kits in 2015; see below) So until the Timbers officially change their colors from green and lime to green and gold (which it seems like they’re slowly making that transition), that’s unfortunately the version of the MLS badge that’ll continue to be featured on their primary kits.

Timbers_Sounders_CM009.jpg?riiem.GjicJ7A

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Which raises the question; why haven’t they?

Yeah, I’m really not sure. Based on their kits and most of their promotional and social media materials, it definitely seems like they’re intent on fully making the transition to gold at some point, but I really don’t know why it’s taking so long. I’d be curious to know if the league has any sort of rule about how often a team can change their primary logo, because technically they swapped the designations on their primary and secondary logos several seasons ago.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

58 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’d be curious to know if the league has any sort of rule about how often a team can change their primary logo, because technically they swapped the designations on their primary and secondary logos several seasons ago.

I'd presume that the league does.  But I don't think that affects their version of the MLS shield; it does not necessarily follow that clubs can't change both within a certain window, especially if the team's color palette is changing.

The only thing I know for sure is that each club "registers" its primary MLS logo with the league office, and other clubs aren't allowed to use that specific variation.  But we've seen LA Galaxy and RBNY change theirs in short order, so we can presume that those specific variations aren't exactly set in stone.

2015:

maxresdefault.jpg

2016:

landon-donovoan-gio-dos-santos-la-galaxy

2015:

MLSML081515913.jpg

2016:

USATSI_9144077_f9j7kyws_89a9oidd.jpg

6 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I'd presume that the league does.  But I don't think that affects their version of the MLS shield; it does not necessarily follow that clubs can't change both within a certain window, especially if the team's color palette is changing.

The only thing I know for sure is that each club "registers" its primary MLS logo with the league office, and other clubs aren't allowed to use that specific variation.  But we've seen LA Galaxy and RBNY change theirs in short order, so we can presume that those specific variations aren't exactly set in stone.

My point is that since the Timbers changed their primary logo to the no verbiage version in 2014, maybe that’s why they aren’t allowed to make the color scheme change official, since they’d technically have to change their primary logo again. Let’s say the league has a rule where a club can only change their primary logo every five years, then the Timbers would have to wait until next year to change their primary logo to reflect the color change, which would in turn change the colors in their official version of the MLS badge. Now I have no idea if the league does have such a rule, but it seems likely.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

My point is that since the Timbers changed their primary logo to the no verbiage version in 2014, maybe that’s why they aren’t allowed to make the color scheme change official, since they’d technically have to change their primary logo again. Let’s say the league has a rule where a club can only change their primary logo every five years, then the Timbers would have to wait until next year to change their primary logo to reflect the color change, which would in turn change the colors in their official version of the MLS badge. Now I have no idea if the league does have such a rule, but it seems likely.

I dunno.  I'm hesitant to presume anything, especially when all we have is inference.  It's equally likely that the Timbers just don't see this as an issue.

15 minutes ago, Digby said:

Looks fine, but pair some gray shorts with that sucker and you'd have a way improved kit.

Yeah....fine is the word. I don't love it though. I really wish they'd just stick with the grey/onyx as the primary secondary kit colour. It's been addressed in this thread before so I won't harp on it but there's more than enough white already. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Archived