2018 MLS Kits

labc93

If they use the red YouTube logo I'll burn the the place down.

But given that the logo has been gold in the preview materials, I'm sure they'll do the right thing.

Is their stadium finished?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DG_Now said:

If they use the red YouTube logo I'll burn the the place down.

But given that the logo has been gold in the preview materials, I'm sure they'll do the right thing.

Is their stadium finished?

https://www.lafc.com/stadium/cams

They're installing the seating, and that part is mostly done. I think they're finishing the roof and exterior, then the turf goes in. It's pretty close.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

I think if fans want increased originality in their kits, an easy answer would be to allow clubs to negotiate their own kit deals. I know with the MLS ownership structure there aren't and cut-and-dry "owners" with autonomy since the league is franchise-centric like the NBA, which would make such a thing complicated. 

It’s not just the NBA.  It’s also the NHL.  And MLB.  And the NFL.  

Leagues get more money by combining the contracts.  And for a lot of teams, it’s not even close. 

2 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

https://www.lafc.com/stadium/cams

They're installing the seating, and that part is mostly done. I think they're finishing the roof and exterior, then the turf goes in. It's pretty close.

I hope they get it done in time. It looks really great. We'll see how it actually functions, but the basic shape of it looks like the class of SSS in the US.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_Now said:

I hope they get it done in time. It looks really great. We'll see how it actually functions, but the basic shape of it looks like the class of SSS in the US.

Think they're pretty on schedule. Would be surprised if it wasn't actually done a bit early. At least they haven't messed up with the venue aspect.

spacer.png

On 2/16/2018 at 9:59 PM, nas1787 said:

There were some tweets from RSL a few years back talking about this. I remember them saying something similar to what @Saathoff is saying. Also I'm pretty sure he works for SKC.

I do work for Sporting KC. It's a message we've received from adidas. This is also why you've seen the decline in third kits for even European clubs. Nature of the business. If adidas finds it cost effective I'm sure they'd gladly return to offering them without huge minimums. 

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Teaser video for the Orlando secondary:

It looks like a white base, and since the crest and MLS badges look to be monochrome purple and white, the kit could very well end up being devoid of any gold. Dissapointing if true since the gold accents were really the only good things about their previous two secondaries.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

22 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

It looks like a white base, and since the crest and MLS badges look to be monochrome purple and white, the kit could very well end up being devoid of any gold. Dissapointing if true since the gold accents were really the only good things about their previous two secondaries.

Maybe it'll be similar to Portland's change kit this year? They had a monochrome white MLS badge and they have some gold trim on the neckline and cuffs.

6 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Maybe it'll be similar to Portland's change kit this year? They had a monochrome white MLS badge and they have some gold trim on the neckline and cuffs.

True, but the Timbers also have gold in the crest. Based on the Orlando teaser video, it looks there’ll be a monochrome purple and white crest in addition to the monochrome MLS badges, so it seems likely that the kit won’t have any gold accents on it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

With this, only Houston hasn't put anything out yeah?

I love the fact that Orlando can own purple in the league, but I don't think they've figured out their secondaries yet. Which is fine because if you want to experiment that is the place to do so. Portland's Rose City was a pretty flawless idea, to mixed execution. I thought their last one was great.

What I will say for Orlando is that at least they haven't gone black/slate/gray with it. So there's that.

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And LAFC. 

I think he was talking about the clubs putting out some sort of teaser image and/or video, in which case LAFC did put out the teaser video on Friday announcing the 2/24 release date for their inaugural kits. 

And @WarriorFight, Houston did actually put out this teaser image a couple of weeks ago:

DVSpWqNW4AMNO_c?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

And @WarriorFight, Houston did actually put out this teaser image a couple of weeks ago:

DVSpWqNW4AMNO_c?format=jpg

Hmmmm. I did see this, but I think a while ago I saw a leaked kit that was like Bayern's a few years ago with the central chest gradient bars, but with Houston's tequila orange on black. It's odd because the teaser looks nothing like that to me, so I wonder if they changed the kit or something? Or what the deal is.

I've really liked Houston's secondaries the last few years, so i'm happy they're keeping the black and orange. Theirs and Vancouver's dark blue to light blue gradient kits. Class.

spacer.png

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

While I would want to see some gold (and some red, but that's unrealistic), their marketing has been purely white and purple this year. I would definitely expect monochrome purple/white.

ExJworW.png

Archived