labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LAFC kits officially unveiled:

DWz48dIUMAAuZgi?format=jpg

DWz-8kgXkAAdm3J?format=jpgDWz48dIUMAEHhfz?format=jpgDWz-9SjX0AAQtsR?format=jpg

https://www.lafc.com/kit-2018

These would honestly be pretty solid if not for the sponsor logos, which really trash ‘em up. I’m even tempted to say the YTTV logo is more obstrusive than the Bimbo logo on Philly’s kits because of the simplicity and classiness of the black/gold and white/gold color schemes of the respective kits. It just clashes so badly, and the same can be said for the black names and numbers on the white kit.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

58 minutes ago, Ark said:

I don't know why they used that version of the Youtube logo. A gold version already exists:

lafc_jersey_launch_web.jpg?EJaN7zAmlZFP3

In the agreement with LAFC, YTTV obviously stipulated the usage of the full-color logo on the kits, while letting the club use the gold version in marketing materials. LAFC probably just didn’t care enough to counter with their own stipulation, and were instead focused on getting maximum value for the partnership.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

56 minutes ago, Ark said:

I don't know why they used that version of the Youtube logo. A gold version already exists:

lafc_jersey_launch_web.jpg?EJaN7zAmlZFP3

YouTube has way more clout/influence than an MLS club?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

47 minutes ago, Digby said:

Ooof it’s even worse on the away. Yikes. If I’m an LAFC fan I’m taking my chances hair dryer-ing that printing off.

I’ve seen several people on the LAFC subreddit say that they’re just planning on getting the sponsorless black training jersey instead of the actual jersey:

3O8PioV.jpg

Not a bad alternative for those who don’t want the YTTV sponsor logo and who don’t care much about the intricate details of the match kit. The cheaper price point certainly makes it a bit more appealing as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’ve seen several people on the LAFC subreddit say that they’re just planning on getting the sponsorless black training jersey instead of the actual jersey:

3O8PioV.jpg

Not a bad alternative for those who don’t want the YTTV sponsor logo and who don’t care much about the intricate details of the match kit. The cheaper price point certainly makes it a bit more appealing as well.

Interesting how lacking a sponsor logo can make a jersey look incomplete. That is definitely a fine replacement for the "real" shirt, but I can see how someone might find it lacking as well.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Here’s a glimpse at the shorts and socks of the LAFC secondary:

DWz-MIVXkAAaFUl?format=jpg

Basically just white versions of the shorts and socks from the home kit. Also, ignore the black shorts on the right side of the image. I have no idea why those are there, as those aren’t match or training shorts for them.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

30 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Interesting how lacking a sponsor logo can make a jersey look incomplete. That is definitely a fine replacement for the "real" shirt, but I can see how someone might find it lacking as well.

I dunno, personally I've always preferred the cleaner international look to branded kits. If footy got it's act together and reclaimed the center shirt block for player numbers, I'd be first in line for every kit

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

I know this may never happen, and I understand MLS needs money to compete with bigger leagues, but I would LOVE to see sponsor ads completely removed from club jerseys.

Us fans are actively going to have to start boycotting companies that buy these sponsorships, and even then I think there will be companies dumb enough to pay just on the belief that any exposure is good. This is a virus that needs to be addressed by all major international leagues. But the prem just allowed a gigantic ANGRY BIRDS on a shirt sleeve, so good luck with that

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

7 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

I know this may never happen, and I understand MLS needs money to compete with bigger leagues, but I would LOVE to see sponsor ads completely removed from club jerseys.

Us fans are actively going to have to start boycotting companies that buy these sponsorships, and even then I think there will be companies dumb enough to pay just on the belief that any exposure is good. This is a virus that needs to be addressed by all major international leagues. But the prem just allowed a gigantic ANGRY BIRDS on a shirt sleeve, so good luck with that

Like this?

daKH6RK.jpg

7 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Why is it weird?   It’s accurate. 

If you don’t think it’s long enough to be celebrated, well, everybody’s got to start somewhere. 

ff_3007925a_full.jpg&w=600

Sure but like, you don’t have to brand your new kit as the “origin” kit. Your origin was last week. Chill out. Find something more interesting about your club to center your marketing around. 

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I guess I'm late on this, and apologies if it's already been posted, but speaking of black jerseys for teams who have cooler colors available:

DVdvwM3UQAAqUMO.jpgsporting-kc-2018-away-kit-2.jpg

sporting-kc-2018-away-kit-3.jpg

Terrible.  They have a cool color combo!  Why waste it?  They've looked good with the state line pattern, argyle, hoops, and even windowpanes.  Now they've devolved into tin foil and black.  It's like, how much more black could this be?  And the answer is none. None more black.

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

Sure but like, you don’t have to brand your new kit as the “origin” kit. Your origin was last week. Chill out. Find something more interesting about your club to center your marketing around. 

Eight years is hardly something to sneer at.  And I’m not sure that the jock tag on a secondary jersey really constitutes the center of their marketing campaign. 

The detailing on the LA kits is cool (such as the crest application), but just a shame to see the YTTV logo ruin it. It’s funny because the club’s promotional images have used a gold YTTV logo at times.

It’s kinda funny because LA Galaxy have used what would be an almost perfect LAFC kit (I think this might have been a super dark blue, can’t tell for sure).

MLSDB07212012113.jpg

Was this a template or a custom shirt for RSL?

s-l500.jpg

I just bought this for $24 from eBay (authentic and everything...maybe?) because I think it's a beautiful shirt. I hope this level of care comes back.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

13 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Was this a template or a custom shirt for RSL?

s-l500.jpg

I just bought this for $24 from eBay (authentic and everything...maybe?) because I think it's a beautiful shirt. I hope this level of care comes back.

That cut with the yellow sleeve stripes was a template, if I recall, but I think the pattern on the front was custom.

Archived