2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OT: The Las Vegas Lights (USL) unveiled their road jerseys last week. I don't usually categorize things as being tacky, but this club.... wow :blink:

las-vegas-lights-ladies-replica-away-shi

29244357_223257788222694_751565603882192

Hotter Than July > Thriller

5 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Was at the Loons game yesterday, and wow that shade of gray is so much better. I was also worried about the lack of perceived color in them, but surprisingly it felt like the 3 adidas stripes of blue on the sides were enough.

Yeah, they look much better in person.  The stripe pattern on the front is more subtle than it had looked in photos.  (I still want the wing, though.)

Oh, and a win is always nice.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The Tampa Bay Rowdies unveiled their 2018 kits last night. I'm loving the new white kit and the yellow socks for their reversed-color kit. I bought the new classic home version kit and the white one and noticed the Rowdies chest logo is now a raised label (feels like velvet though of course it isn't) and is attached to the jersey versus screened on like in the past. Is this a new Nike thing? If so, has anyone heard of it peeling off?

2018%20Rowdies_zpsolkpmdt5.jpg

You just made the Iron List!!

Iron List.png

2 hours ago, Classic Man said:

The Tampa Bay Rowdies unveiled their 2018 kits last night. I'm loving the new white kit and the yellow socks for their reversed-color kit. I bought the new classic home version kit and the white one and noticed the Rowdies chest logo is now a raised label (feels like velvet though of course it isn't) and is attached to the jersey versus screened on like in the past. Is this a new Nike thing? If so, has anyone heard of it peeling off?

That's a fiberlock crest.  It won't peel off unless it gets dried at a pretty high high temp.  Just follow the instructions on the jersey and it will last a long time. 

The stars have rounded corners also to help manage peel off.  You should be good.

2 hours ago, Classic Man said:

I have a San Antonio Scorpions jersey that has this. I haven't had any issues with peeling and I've washed and dried it over 100 times by now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 minute ago, Gothamite said:

You dry your jersey?  I never would.  The tags on mine say "line dry".

It usually ends up at the bottom of the basket with my workout clothes so that's why. It's kept it's color pretty well too. I just make sure to turn them inside out when I have to clean my team's jerseys. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Might be a little off topic:

Just a suggestion for anybody that's thinking about buying an MLS jersey that's not familiar with Adidas fit. Get a size larger than you normally wear other shirts. A friend of mine that has a lot of soccer jerseys made that suggestion in regards to Adidas, and dag nabbit he was right. Ordered a size extra large DC United training jersey (my first soccer jersey BTW) and it fits on my body the same way all my size large t-shirts and (non-Adidas) loose fitting fitness shirts do. If I ordered a large it would probably be snug on me.

Keep in mind I bought a training jersey. Might be a totally different fit with an authentic MLS jersey.

18 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Authentics are cut slimmer, replicas are more of a t-shirt cut.

So are Adidas training jerseys (at least the ones they sell to fans) cut like authentics or replicas? Honestly my XL feels comfortable, but I don't think I would have liked the feel of a large.

I've always got Adidas replicas, and found they fit similar to their regular athletic gear that you'd buy at Dick's or wherever, and that fit is pretty true to size. A bit more snug than Nike ones I've found. But maybe that's changed in the past 3 years?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

11 minutes ago, Digby said:

I've always got Adidas replicas, and found they fit similar to their regular athletic gear that you'd buy at Dick's or wherever, and that fit is pretty true to size. A bit more snug than Nike ones I've found. But maybe that's changed in the past 3 years?

In my experience, the replicas fit true to size but the authentics are a size too small.

How are Nike shirts? I only have one -- a USMNT white polo replica from a few years back -- and it's about two sizes too small. Has that been fixed with their last template that the entire world used?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Seems to me like the cuts fluctuate greatly from year to year.

I have many Nike authentics, all size large. 2008-2009 with the mesh backs were very slim and I’m not sure I could fit into a large authentic anymore. The 2010s were very comfortable and more like a standard cut. 2012-2013 with the T bars on the shoulders were very slim, as were the 2014 match shirts. Interestingly, the 2013 US centennial shirt, also with the T bars, fits normally, and their subsequent Aeroswift shirts from 2016 on are probably their most comfortable and best fitting yet.

I have less experience with adidas authentics, but I’ve got two large authentic Atlanta United shirts from last year and both are pretty slim cut. The sleeves rise a bit too high into the armpits for my liking and the material isn’t very flexible. This year’s white and peach Atlanta shirt, also a large, fits perfectly and comfortably. More in line with how ideal the Nike Aeroswifts fit.

Often, you’ll just need to try on the garments to really know. For replicas, the variation in sizing is more reliable, not changing much from year to year.

Archived