labc93

2018 MLS Kits

How/why was Atlanta allowed to change their alternate kits after one year?

Also, I'm watching them play LAFC right now. The gray over red alts from last year were way better than their current white and peach alts.

17 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Also, I'm watching them play LAFC right now. The gray over red alts from last year were way better than their current white and peach alts.

Because most teams release a new kit every year, and this sets them up in that schedule. 

30 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

MLS shirts are on two-year schedules, alternating every year, which ensures that they have something new every season. 

That means every new club has to have a one-year shirt for their inaugural season, just to get on that schedule.  For most of them, that’s the change shirt.  Minnesota bucked the trend and introduced a new home kit this year. 

MLS clubs eSports affiliates have their own custom typeface as shown here: 

I know these guys aren't on the field or anything so it's not like you're trying to see them but I'm not a huge fan. Would cause big legibility issues for some teams if they were on field. 

Looks like everyone gets a Parley jersey this year. Something about saving the oceans? They're in the link below, but don't get excited, just some monochrome versions of existing kits on either a black or white base. Here are a couple samples.

https://www.mlsstore.com/?query=parley

ff_3094819alt1_full.jpg&w=600

ff_3094800alt1_full.jpg&w=600

The first thing I noticed is that the YouTube TV logo on the LAFC shirt is black and white, not red and white.

23 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The first thing I noticed is that the YouTube TV logo on the LAFC shirt is black and white, not red and white.

Yep, that was the first thing I noticed too. All of the sponsor logos are black and white actually, even Bimbo and Red Bull:

4-parley-mls-kits-2018.jpg

2-parley-mls-kits-2018.jpg

14 minutes ago, Digby said:

Are these being worn on the pitch or are they just fashion items, do we know?

On the pitch.

20 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

On the pitch.

Hopefully it doesn't rain.

DaTs6lW.jpg

3 minutes ago, docbrass said:

Just looked for the Dynamo and saw this one.  Throwback jersey?  Replaces the all black with retro adidas logo.

ff_3029985alt2_full.jpg&w=600

https://www.mlsstore.com/houston-dynamo/mens-houston-dynamo-adidas-black-tango-engineered-polyester-jersey/t-36902458+p-5866807654198+z-9-1040124171

Could be a lifestyle jersey and not intended to be worn on gamedays. 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/04/10/mls-celebrate-earth-day-third-annual-greener-goals-week

3 hours ago, Digby said:

Looks like everyone gets a Parley jersey this year. Something about saving the oceans? They're in the link below, but don't get excited, just some monochrome versions of existing kits on either a black or white base. Here are a couple samples.

https://www.mlsstore.com/?query=parley

ff_3094819alt1_full.jpg&w=600

ff_3094800alt1_full.jpg&w=600

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Yep, that was the first thing I noticed too. All of the sponsor logos are black and white actually, even Bimbo and Red Bull:

Interesting how they all are also in the new template with stripes on shoulders instead of following each teams individual template

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Could be a lifestyle jersey and not intended to be worn on gamedays. 

Yep.  Tango is a lifestyle range and would not be worn game days.

7 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It's probably a printing issue with that material. Last year's uniforms were either grey or white and used the white MLS numbers and lettering on the back and black monochrome logos on the front. 

15 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's probably a printing issue with that material. Last year's uniforms were either grey or white and used the white MLS numbers and lettering on the back and black monochrome logos on the front. 

Last year’s Parley MLS jerseys used team-colored monochrome logos on the front, not black:

C-G62ieXsAIua-5.jpgC-G62i2XcAIWbCt?format=jpg041817_LA_GALAXY_SR_0028.jpg?resize=750,maxresdefault.jpg

Just now, upperV03 said:

Last year’s Parley MLS jerseys used team-colored monochrome logos on the front, not black:

C-G62ieXsAIua-5.jpgC-G62i2XcAIWbCt?format=jpg041817_LA_GALAXY_SR_0028.jpg?resize=750,maxresdefault.jpg

Good catch, the game photos that I saw made them look like they were all black. 

56 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The ones last year were standard ink transfers that use plastic in them.  The Club crest, sponsor and Name/Number are made of recycled fabric this year to go with the 100% recycled story.

Not sure I buy that it's a production issue, since each shirt has a dash of team color on the back.

ff_3094814alt3_full.jpg&w=6000

Seems pretty clear that this is a deliberate design.