2018 MLS Kits

labc93

Last year's all-star jersey was the first time I wanted to buy one of these. This year is the second time I want to buy one. Plus, it can apparently double as a secret CCSLC jersey. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Digby said:

Huh really? I figured the All Star jerseys would not quite have the usual long timeline for development the way a proper club brand would. Also figured the Juve thing would've been in the works more than three months before the game too. But I know nothing.

That's why there are a lot of generic designs for All Star - they can be used in any city. Normally adidas would design one based off of the city it is held in - like the Portland one in 2014.  But since the league can't figure out where, or who to play, until just before; then adidas does a generic look.  If you see a city specific color kit then that city got approved long enough ahead for it to happen.

The Timbers are wearing their white kits at home tomorrow for the first time this season:

They’re playing the Galaxy, who will obviously have to wear their navy secondaries. I’m hoping the Timbers go with the white/green/white combo again as I’d say it’s slightly superior to the all-white. Both are great looks, though.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Was watching the Galaxy/Timber game earlier. A little weird to me that LAG doesn't use yellow for the numbers and NOB of their navy blue jerseys.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

17 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Was watching the Galaxy/Timber game earlier. A little weird to me that LAG doesn't use yellow for the numbers and NOB of their navy blue jerseys.

It would look a lot better. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Interesting to see the two treatments, though.

Using negative space for the starleaf lets them avoid that awkward spur on the lower left. 

Yeah, but Chris’ designers had the decency to split the star parallel to  its edge, so at least there’s some balance to the spurs. ?

The little sliver of the star peeking out under the dividing line in the lower left of the MLS one comes across less considered, at least to me (though, admittedly, I’m a hound for minute, overlooked craftsmanship issues, probably to a fault).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• 4 weeks later...

The Sounders wore Cascadia flag numbers today in their Cascadia Cup rivalry match against Portland.

A bit hard to read, but a lot of fun! I just wish they had done this for Cascadia Day (May 18) weekend!

22 minutes ago, vtgco said:

The Sounders wore Cascadia flag numbers today in their Cascadia Cup rivalry match against Portland.

A bit hard to read, but a lot of fun! I just wish they had done this for Cascadia Day (May 18) weekend!

Very nice.

Needs more sashes though.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

17 hours ago, tigers said:

Very nice.

Needs more sashes though.

Why, are the Sounders becoming the Cascadian national team? I know I'm biased as a fan, but I thought we were one of the success stories of the NASL, not one of the failures! ?

44 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Surprised Portland didn’t join them in this; they’ve always shared the Cascadian identity, as have the Whitecaps. 

CascadiaCup.jpg

The blue/white/green of the Cascadia flag is obviously more conducive to the Sounders’ color scheme, so I’m not really surprised that the Timbers didn’t have their own version of the special Cascadia numbers on the shirts. I wouldn’t really expect the Whitecaps to have them for Cascadia matches this season, either. If the Timbers were to wear some sort of special numbers for Cascadia Cup matches (and I’m perfectly fine that they haven’t, as I’m not a big fan of any of the special-edition numbers), I’d much prefer they go with Portland city flag-themed numbers as a show of civic pride during the regional rivalry games. They already have a really nice city flag-themed armband (plus the home shirt has the flag as the jocktag):

cqY12fx.jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived