2018 MLS Kits

labc93

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on the DCU Team Store’s header image on Twitter, it’s possible that their new home kit could include some thin tonal hoops:

1500x500

They also said yesterday to expect some teasers in the next couple weeks:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Also, the Crew posted this teaser on Twitter and Instagram:

And posted this on their Instagram story:DSogQQIX4AYD5-8?format=jpg

Can’t really make out much except for the black base color, and it looks like the Adidas stripes might be on the sides.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Also, the Crew posted this teaser on Twitter and Instagram:

And posted this on their Instagram story:DSogQQIX4AYD5-8?format=jpg

Can’t really make out much except for the black base color, and it looks like the Adidas stripes might be on the sides.

Unless it's the lighting or poor filtering, almost seems like the cuffs on the sleeves are yellow 'til about half way up the sleeve.

I know this is kind of obvious, but it looks more like an Acura ad than a soccer shirt.

Anyone else a member of the MLS Soccer Fan council? They send periodic surveys asking for feedback about soccer fandom habits, whether that's viewing, going to games and comparison to other sports and soccer leagues.

Yesterday I got a survey about jerseys, including asking what factors have compelled me to buy one. One of the options was something like "system of design," which was all of the marketing talking Adidas and Nike put on their uniforms. I ranked that low. (I ranked price high, especially relative to other American sports leagues.)

I don't know that I've really seen much come directly from those fan surveys, but maybe there are some changes to come in jersey sales and production.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

31 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Anyone else a member of the MLS Soccer Fan council? They send periodic surveys asking for feedback about soccer fandom habits, whether that's viewing, going to games and comparison to other sports and soccer leagues.

Yesterday I got a survey about jerseys, including asking what factors have compelled me to buy one. One of the options was something like "system of design," which was all of the marketing talking Adidas and Nike put on their uniforms. I ranked that low. (I ranked price high, especially relative to other American sports leagues.)

I don't know that I've really seen much come directly from those fan surveys, but maybe there are some changes to come in jersey sales and production.

I filled my response out this morning.  I mentioned price point. I also mentioned how the Dynamo have been using standard templates and not "custom" designs.

That's good to note. A new MLS replica is $85, which seems decent enough. Though if you wait, like until now, you can find sales for $60 (I kind of want but won't get that ATLUTD road grey).

Adidas shouldn't want to devalue its product, but supplying budget sports gear is a pretty good niche.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

19 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

That's good to note. A new MLS replica is $85, which seems decent enough. Though if you wait, like until now, you can find sales for $60 (I kind of want but won't get that ATLUTD road grey).

Adidas shouldn't want to devalue its product, but supplying budget sports gear is a pretty good niche.

Where do you find them for $85? The non-sale price for adults I always see is $119 (Fanatics, MLS Store). 

Here’s a look at the full Crew kit:

18Kit_1080x1920_car1.jpg

And the details of the kit:DStLqT_UMAAj5D1?format=jpg

The embossed checkerboard pattern is hardly visible at all, much less so than the last black kit. Overall this is far too plain for them, and even though this design was most likely settled on way before the plan to move the team was announced, it definitely does have a sort of ironic funeral vibe.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

Something I have noticed: I literally cannot unsee the resemblance between these new adidas socks and the ones Nike did from 2014-2016...

s-l300.jpg

Under Armour has similar patterns on some of their socks as well. 

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a look at the full Crew kit:

18Kit_1080x1920_car1.jpg

And the details of the kit:DStLqT_UMAAj5D1?format=jpg

The embossed checkerboard pattern is hardly visible at all, much less so than the last black kit. Overall this is far too plain for them, and even though this design was most likely settled on way before the plan to move the team was announced, it definitely does have a sort of ironic funeral vibe.

Since some reports say they planned the move early last spring to as much 3 years ago, not likely. I have my tinfoil hat on for this, but I feel like this is intended to sell horribly to further prove fans don't want the team in Columbus. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 1/3/2018 at 10:35 AM, upperV03 said:

Based on the DCU Team Store’s header image on Twitter, it’s possible that their new home kit could include some thin tonal hoops:

1500x500

Looks like the sash on the Blazers' "Statement" Jerseys.

20170618_ely_11487.jpg

26 minutes ago, Duck_Duck said:

Looks like the sash on the Blazers' "Statement" Jerseys.

20170618_ely_11487.jpg

Yeah, it’s a similar treatment with the tonal stripes. Although if the new DCU primary does have subtle hoops like that what’s shown in that header image, it seems likely that they’d cover the entire front of the jersey, rather than just a small portion like the sash on the Blazers’ red jerseys. I could see them going with a chest band made up of the thin hoops, but it seems more likely that they’d cover the entire front of the jersey.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived