LOGOLYMPIAD 2017 - EVENT 1 - League Logo

pollux

2LXJFkB.png

R2tebzb.png

For the first event in this year’s LOGOYMPIAD, you must create two logos for a new American football league, the Professional Football Federation (PFF).

Requirements

• You must provide two logos: one with the full name of the league, and another one with the acronym.
  • The logos should be the same, with two versions of the text (full name and acronym).
  • Both instances should be shown on your submission on a white background.
  • Put both instances on the same image when submitting.

Deadline: November 13th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Guidelines for submitting your entry

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (at) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif, or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in an 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT resize entries that are not properly done, so make sure it’s right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text, like labels, or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, entry number, event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes their identity or the identity of anyone else will be DQ’d.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I received this question via PM:

The guidelines for the first event of the Logolympiad state to put both instances of the logo in one image. Does that mean that you want both logos to fit on a 800x530 pixel image?

Yes, both logos have to fit on the 800x530 image. You're submitting only one image per event, so the layout is part of the challenge too.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

22 minutes ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

@pollux is this a soccer or real football league?

7 hours ago, pollux said:

For the first event in this year’s LOGOYMPIAD, you must create two logos for a new American football league, the Professional Football Federation (PFF).

American Football. Not soccer.

14 minutes ago, chrisCLEMENT said:

@pollux is this the same logos with two different versions (full and abbreviated name) or is this two different logos all together? 

It should be the same logo with two different versions of the name. I will add this clarification to the original post.

18 minutes ago, pollux said:

It should be the same logo with two different versions of the name. I will add this clarification to the original post.

You just had to make this challenge a tad more difficult ;) 

Received via PM:

1 -  are there any color scheme restrictions? I didn't see any listed so I assumed not, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. What I really want to know is, do we have to use red, white, and blue. 

2 - When does the league begin play? I'm assuming the league would begin this year (or soon), so there wouldn't be a requirement for a retro style logo. 

3 - Finally...and I admit these are probably reading too far into the contest, so I'm just going to rapid-fire them here and would accept an answer of "dude, just make a football league logo."...what kind of league is the PFF? Spring, summer, does it rival the NFL for the fall? Does the NFL even exist? How many teams are in this league and are they nationwide or concentrated in a few close-ish cities?

1- No color scheme restriction for this event. If there were any restrictions, you would find them under the requirements.

2- This isn't relevant. Again, if it's not under the requirements, then you don't need to know that. If there was a requirement for a retro style logo, you would (again) find it under the requirements.

3- Again, not relevant. Assume it's a new league that needs a logo, and the league is an American football league. No need to have the details of the league.

1 hour ago, ldconcepts said:

Are we allowed to have both versions of text on the same version of the logo?

No. Make two distinct logos. It's done on purpose to make you stop and think for the first event :)

1 hour ago, HRC4 said:

Just to confirm, we should have logos presented similar to this, right?

[image removed]

Yes, exactly. Although I would suggest to have both logos the same size, but it's up to you. I will not disqualify anyone if one logo is bigger than the other, but note that it may hurt you when voting comes if members can't see the details well enough.

1 hour ago, NoE38 said:

Can we send one logo with both the abbreviation and name on it?

Again, no. Two distinct logos.

4 hours ago, C-Squared said:

EDIT: Removed. Please read up on how to submit your entry for the contest in the original post of the thread, under "Guidelines for submitting your entry".

He was posting the logo from “Pro Football Focus” a statistics website lol 

4 hours ago, Bruins said:

Are we allowed to shorten the full name in any way, such as Pro or Fed, or do we have to use the entire name?

You need the full name.

I already received a few entries, so I would like to clarify the following:

On 11/6/2017 at 6:41 AM, pollux said:
  • You must provide two logos: one with the full name of the league, and another one with the acronym.
  • The logos should be the same, with two versions of the text (full name and acronym).

Both logos should have the same look and feel, but one logo should display "PFF" and the other should use "Professional Football Federation". The long name should not be a simple wordmark to slap under the logo displaying PFF.

This is to ensure that you figure out how to make the logo work with both types of text, and to see how you can bring elements together without depending on the text itself.

Here's a crude example using the WLAF logo, with what to do on the left, and what not to do on the right:

WDlrNeH.png

6 hours ago, NoE38 said:

One last question... Do the two logos have to be absolutely the same, except for the text, or can we have the full text for example, in a circle around the logo?

The logos don't have to be absolutely the same, but should present enough similar elements. While you could add the full text in a circle, this means that most of your logo would be able to stand by itself without the acronym, as it shouldn't be present in both logos.

Archived