San Jose Sharks Alternate Concepts

Puckguy14

It's been quite some time.  But here goes nothing.  My first concept on CCSLC since Team Teal actually thought orange was a good idea.  

The info:  
Sharks are planning to go with a third jersey in 2018-19.
Per an interview with the team's COO on one of my podcasts on my website, TealTownUSA.com (shameful plug), the team did a survey and found fans favored a black alternate jersey (as much as I have been emphasizing, you're known as Team Teal, go with it) (link to podcast below go to the 12:10 mark for the jersey talk)

The Sharks original style jersey was incredibly popular (The Hockey News #1 NHL jersey of all time) then and now in San Jose especially with the recreation during the team's 25th anniversary, are shown here as the inspiration of a new look, but not completely going off the rails.  The issue with the Sharks' black jerseys in the past was that the teal wasn't as noticeable  in previous designs and look just black and white from a distance, especially in section 224 row 16 at the Shark Tank.  So, like the team did when they unveiled "Sharkachu" and "Screaming Shark" logos, I added some color to it.  This is the result5a01087af2723_Idea3UPDATED.thumb.png.22135d64d860b83d37f04002eb54d107.png
Not going to lie, wanted to avoid the Starter black Sharks jersey that was popular in the mid 90's.  It's similar to the design I submitted and eventually modified by the Sharks minor league squad, the Barracuda.  

I'll be looking forward to comments and criticism.  And I may show off the designs that didn't make this look, perhaps the edited Screaming Shark biting a stick.  All the best.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

This is really neat! I love how modern the design looks even though it still reminds me of San Jose's old uniforms. It looks even better in real life (even though it's the Barracudas, not the Sharks).

I'd be curious to see what the chest logo would look like without the SJ, just the shark. Other than that, it looks great!

On 11/10/2017 at 8:19 PM, Xamboni said:

Why is there the outline of the Hurricanes logo on the jersey?

Heh whoops, thought I covered it, but Carolina had some similar striping and I used their template when creating this.  Good eye.

JJ, I tried that but it was missing something with it.  

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

I like what you've done here! There balance of teal and black is solid. I think my issue with the Sharks black jerseys has always been its felt like a departure from their home and away. I don't think you necessarily need to recolor the regular jerseys for a 3rd, but at least make it feel like part of the same set. The sharks have never accomplished that. PS Nice work on the Barracuda jersey, very sharp. BTW Your SJSU jersey is still one of the best club jerseys I've ever seen.

SEAsig.png

Archived