NBA Football

NH4

Dude, these are great. I've been wanting to do a crossover series for a while and this is essentially what i woulda liked to do. You didn't get to fancy, you just translated basketball uniforms to a football template. Very cool. I feel like people tend to miscolor the helmets when they attempt these, in a way which distracts and comes off...off brand, but you did the helmets justice. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh...the wordmark looks way too awkward.  It's already weird enough on a basketball jersey, but it gets even odder on a football jersey.  And...the logo still has a basketball in it. :P

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

2 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

Uh...the wordmark looks way too awkward.  It's already weird enough on a basketball jersey, but it gets even odder on a football jersey.  And...the logo still has a basketball in it. :P

If you read his first post, that's exactly what he said he was going to do. The logos will have basketballs in them.

On 11/8/2017 at 3:55 PM, natolian10 said:

Just a few things about the thread that I feel like should be explained:

-This is not an "edit the uniform" thread. This is basically just translating the uniforms on to a football uniform. Even though I hate some of the uniforms, I will not edit them.

-Some uniforms will have basketballs in the logos because changing the basketball will change the logo. 

As far as C&C goes, I think the circle wordmark is distinctive enough that it deserves a shot. Maybe make it two arcs that aren't an exact circle, but "Indiana" could be above and "Pacers" down below.

A second option could be a subliminated workmark and leave it just as you have it.

20 hours ago, dakotapalm said:

If you read his first post, that's exactly what he said he was going to do. The logos will have basketballs in them.

Oh, I must have missed that.  Thanks for pointing that out.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

Ok so I took the suggestions and here's the outcome:

On 12/9/2017 at 3:04 AM, kerlonmoura said:

Remove the wordmarks from Indiana and you got yourself a winner

Qa3FooK.png

On 12/7/2017 at 6:22 PM, dakotapalm said:

As far as C&C goes, I think the circle wordmark is distinctive enough that it deserves a shot. Maybe make it two arcs that aren't an exact circle, but "Indiana" could be above and "Pacers" down below.

A second option could be a subliminated workmark and leave it just as you have it.

I was a little confused so I took advice from the first suggestion 

OzWmJTo.png

And then do you mean the PACERS wordmark would go underneath the numbers?

And then I created one where I just deleted the PACERS wordmark and kept INDIANA

xL1t2fF.png

On 12/12/2017 at 12:25 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

This may seem like a nitpick but maybe reverse the details on the pants. Right now based on where the lines would converge, it looks like rays of sun coming out of your butt. And I can't unsee it. 

You don't fart sunshine? I thought everyone did.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry this is coming very late but being on winter break without a computer, it was kinda hard to post anything. But here is the next team; Los Angeles Clippers

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

Tj8zxKs.png

f4O3y8e.png

HELMET: -Plain blue helmet with "Nautical" Stripes sublimated just like Indiana

-LAC logo on the helmet. Best logo I could use 

-White facemask

JERSEY: -Nautical stripes on shoulder cap

-Collar colored but not sleeve cuffs colored like the real unis               

-Red numbers on away jerseys with blue lettering like the real unis

PANTS: -Different colored stripes like the real shorts

STATEMENT

4LOaoDa.png

-All black uniforms

-Only difference is the CLIPPERS on the front instead of LAC logo

Thanks for looking guys and hopefully I will be able to upload more concepts soon. And as always C&C is greatly appreciated!

Archived