College Basketball 2017-18: Road to the Alamo

buzzcut

I'm not a huge Cincinnati Bearcast fan. I just like to see the teams from the city do well. I'm one of the few who pulls for both Xavier and UC and I'm never the "fire the coach" guy, but I think Mick Cronin is a total jackass and the UC program would be better without him. He melts down at the smallest thing and gets angrier than anyone's ever been angry at anything ever. 10 seconds into the game and he's at an unstable level of rage. It's ridiculous. The lead started evaporating and he totally panicked and his team panicked on the floor. I put all of the blame for that loss on him. 22 points with 10 minutes left is almost an impossible lead to blow. They could've inbounded the ball, dribbled into a shot clock violation every possession and it would've been better than what they did. 

It's gotta be a recruiting detriment too. What high school recruit is gonna want to go play for that psycho?

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DScruggy729 said:

Upsets are fun and all until you remember that Duke and Kentucky will steamroll everyone left by 20+ and play in the title game. 

Cincinnati and Xavier were especially painful to watch today. I didn’t have either team going far, but I was kind of hoping to see them showdown in the Final Four. 

Yeah...I looked at the brackets and realized that Duke is going to win it all. Things always seem to break their way.  But it was an outstanding first weekend.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

32 minutes ago, OnWis97 said:

Yeah...I looked at the brackets and realized that Duke is going to win it all. Things always seem to break their way.  But it was an outstanding first weekend.

Agreed. We’ve had it good the past 3 or so years because we’ve had a good balance of great teams and underdogs making it to the Final Four. When we had that unbeaten Kentucky team, Wisconsin, Duke, and seventh-seeded Michigan State in the Final Four? That’s fine by me. I just don’t like when a year plays out like 2014 where we have a 7 and an 8 seed duking it out with each other in the title game. 

2011 is another great example. It was fun to see a local team (VCU) make it far, but the Final Four games were a huge letdown. I want the champion to feel like a champion, not just the winner of a crapshoot tournament at the end of the year. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

21 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

We're gonna have a blue and white team win it again; it almost always happens.

I feel like I remember seeing some study claiming that red teams win the most in sports, but I'd suspect that doesn't really apply to college basketball where seemingly all of the major programs wear blue. 

23 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Nevada didnt lead until 9 seconds remaining and upsets Cincinnati. I swear Cincinnati sports teams can never win important games.

They've only led for 1:56 of the 85 minutes of basketball this tournament.

. . . right down to the Brush Script wordmark.

10712878.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

2 hours ago, leopard88 said:

. . . right down to the Brush Script wordmark.

10712878.jpg

That was my only problem with UMBC. Brush Script? Really? With those weird, vertically-stretched, block numbers, they looked like a church league or YMCA team.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

You didn't even mention "Retrievers" on the road uniform.

Meanwhile, they have great looking home uniforms  . . . with UMBC on the front.

foursome_hartford_semis_presto.jpg

Minus the Retrievers wordmark, I love the simplicity of both of them.  Other than the longer shorts, they would look normal in 1982.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

I think the homes need some more yellow...outlined numbers and wordmark (acronymmark?)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

18 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

I think the homes need some more yellow...outlined numbers and wordmark (acronymmark?)

I would prefer outlines on the number and wordmark, but I can live with this.  White with black/yellow/black and yellow with black/white/black trim are two of my favorite looks.

I hate the Steelers, but I love these pants.

1200px-Ben_hands_off_to_Willie.jpg

. . . and these Wake Forest uniforms.

college-basketball-ncaa-playoffs-houston

Kansas State vs. Loyola-Chicago. The blockbuster everyone was looking forward too on the tournament’s second weekend. 

I know I’m young, but I seriously can’t think of a worse regional than this year’s South. So many good, fun teams to watch whittled down to two extremely underwhelming Cinderella’s. 

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

1 hour ago, DScruggy729 said:

Kansas State vs. Loyola-Chicago. The blockbuster everyone was looking forward too on the tournament’s second weekend. 

I know I’m young, but I seriously can’t think of a worse regional than this year’s South. So many good, fun teams to watch whittled down to two extremely underwhelming Cinderella’s. 

Loyola has gotten Chicago to care about college basketball for the first time since the '05 Illini, which itself was the first time since, I dunno, those DePaul glory days everyone's dads talk about.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived