Jackalope Logo - HELP NEEDED

FGWB

Hey all. 

As one who is a self-proclaimed "logo nerd," I could list off some random facts behind many logos, but when it comes to making my own sports logo, it's tough.

With that said, I wanted to make an original jackalope logo, and this is what I've got.

I switched the buckteeth in the sketch to the bottom part of the mouth for the final product because I felt as though the teeth were too beaver-like.

I also can't help but feel as if it also looks too much like a dog rather than a rabbit with antlers. Maybe I just need some fresh eyes and fresh input on it.

PS, I think I channeled my childhood love of the Sabres' goathead logo into the creation of this one...

jacks-logo.png

bufg.png

Great start! There's just a couple of things that I would change.

1. I think you lost some of the character when you digitized the logo, specifically in the eyebrow and the teeth. Curving the eyebrow like in the sketch and adding back the teeth would help it to look more like a rabbit.

2. The gap between the cheek and the ear is too small, I'd either bring them together so the black parts connect, or separate them so the gap is slightly more significant.

3. I don't think you need a white outline, you'd be fine moving the red in one

I really like the latest update. The only thing that comes to mind is that now you are using five colors: white, black, light grey, dark grey, and red. I think you can combine both greys and still have what you are looking for.

Awesome progress.

If you are using illustrator, I would definitely pinch in the corner anchors to make sharp points – like on the nose and the fur/ears. Right now, some of the corners are a little soft. It'll feel more aggressive if they came in a little sharper.

OFFF Season

Archived