2018 College Baseball Uniforms

Clintau24

This yearly thread hasn't been started yet, so figured I'd start it off.

Auburn showcased a new grey jersey used for player head shot day. The new tops changed the arching Copperplate font to the fauxback script Auburn (the A doesn't match the styles used previously). The collars and sleeves feature what look to be some Northwestern Stripes.

I personally think it's a downgrade - I think the orange is a bit too distracting. Consensus on Twitter is they're upgrades.

New:

DOib1kPXkAMl6ON.jpg

Old: 

P0EHoCe.jpg

Also, I'm fully expecting a completely new set of uniforms across the board for Auburn. It's time to replace the blue and white tops. I hope the creme throwbacks survive though.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More on Auburn: More photo day images showcase new pants that feature the same striping pattern as the grey jerseys. The orange top in the photo has been worn for a few years, so it looks like it might be staying.

qr1Z8Gf.jpg

ojNNazQ.jpg

Pure conjecture at this point, but with the change to Under Armour, I expect Cal to return to the classic "Big C" caps that they wore until 2013:
BC-10Base-JohnsonE-pitch-128-MP-721x1024.jpg

Or perhaps they'll wear the new secondary mark with a bear inside the C.  I also expect the new "California" and "Golden Bears" scripts to be used.

For reference, here are there Nike unis from last year:

58acfc6109c4c.image.jpg?resize=1200,736

48 minutes ago, radchad said:

Pure conjecture at this point, but with the change to Under Armour, I expect Cal to return to the classic "Big C" caps that they wore until 2013:
BC-10Base-JohnsonE-pitch-128-MP-721x1024.jpg

Or perhaps they'll wear the new secondary mark with a bear inside the C.  I also expect the new "California" and "Golden Bears" scripts to be used.

For reference, here are there Nike unis from last year:

58acfc6109c4c.image.jpg?resize=1200,736

I hope they keep that great piping though.

• 1 month later...
On 11/13/2017 at 3:41 PM, Clintau24 said:

This yearly thread hasn't been started yet, so figured I'd start it off.

Auburn showcased a new grey jersey used for player head shot day. The new tops changed the arching Copperplate font to the fauxback script Auburn (the A doesn't match the styles used previously). The collars and sleeves feature what look to be some Northwestern Stripes.

I personally think it's a downgrade - I think the orange is a bit too distracting. Consensus on Twitter is they're upgrades.

New:

DOib1kPXkAMl6ON.jpg

Old: 

P0EHoCe.jpg

Also, I'm fully expecting a completely new set of uniforms across the board for Auburn. It's time to replace the blue and white tops. I hope the creme throwbacks survive though.

I love the new grays.  I think they're definitely an upgrade.  I saw a pic somewhere that looked like a new white set that matched the new gray.  It was similar to the "throwbacks" but had the orange trim.  

4 hours ago, Botiger said:

I love the new grays.  I think they're definitely an upgrade.  I saw a pic somewhere that looked like a new white set that matched the new gray.  It was similar to the "throwbacks" but had the orange trim.  

Yup, there is also a new white version. Very similar to the greys, with the front number being the only difference.

vbew8Az.jpg

I expect the old orange tops to be used with this new set, as they were worn with the new pants as shown above, and have been used on countless graphics like this one above. Still have yet to see the blue tops. It's about time for the old set to be replaced.

ojNNazQ.jpg

As someone who's in Baseball uniform sales/design for my 9 to 5, I watch this thread closely every year for new ideas. There's just so much more to work with across NCAA at all levels in terms of ideas, colour schemes, etc. Glad to see it's back for another season. 

Keeping a close eye on Rawlings schools again this season, as it looks like they've really gone away from custom uniforms, as they lost their factory which was in Costa Rica (for Canadian sales anyways). The CS2 Pullover (V Neck, 2 Inch arm band) needs to come back in the worst way. Examples being Stanford, St Johns, Tulane, among others. 

detlogosbanner.jpg

2 hours ago, doogie24 said:

As someone who's in Baseball uniform sales/design for my 9 to 5, I watch this thread closely every year for new ideas. There's just so much more to work with across NCAA at all levels in terms of ideas, colour schemes, etc. Glad to see it's back for another season. 

Keeping a close eye on Rawlings schools again this season, as it looks like they've really gone away from custom uniforms, as they lost their factory which was in Costa Rica (for Canadian sales anyways). The CS2 Pullover (V Neck, 2 Inch arm band) needs to come back in the worst way. Examples being Stanford, St Johns, Tulane, among others. 

How many schools still wear Rawlings uniforms?

ojNNazQ.jpg

20 hours ago, Clintau24 said:

Yup, there is also a new white version. Very similar to the greys, with the front number being the only difference.

vbew8Az.jpg

I expect the old orange tops to be used with this new set, as they were worn with the new pants as shown above, and have been used on countless graphics like this one above. Still have yet to see the blue tops. It's about time for the old set to be replaced.

I like the uniforms but why are they pairing them with monochrome hats? They'd probably look much better with some orange up top.

2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

I like the uniforms but why are they pairing them with monochrome hats? They'd probably look much better with some orange up top.

The sans-orange caps have been a team favorite since Butch Thompson took over. It was used considerably more than the orange-billed cap. Here's last year's records:

ztGGs5t.png

ojNNazQ.jpg

Adidas has been releasing basically a new college uniform each day over the last few days. It started with Miami as shown above, then the following:

Texas A&M yesterday, also shown above

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived