Jump to content

Bucknut42's Logolympiad Designs


bucknut42
 Share

Recommended Posts

I know that many of these threads have been started already, but there's no better way to get better than by receiving pointers from some of the best designers out there! I'll be posting my already voted on designs for Logolympiad, and I intend to participate in ever event so this thread should be pretty busy. 

 

Event 1:

The Professional Football Federation logo gave me some trouble. I am not good at creating logos from scratch, but I do want to get better at it. the hardest part for me was to find a good-looking way to have the full name as well as the PFF acronym. I wanted a unique logo, unlike what has been done before for a football league. My product came out like this:

 

event1-bucknut42_orig.png

As always, C&C appreciated greatly. Best of luck to all those participating in this year's competition.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This logo was a very good start to exactly what you wanted, something unique. As @Whittier S said, the lack of beveling anywhere else hindered it. Had there been beveling on the stars/outline, the logo would've looked complete. I'm not a huge fan of the font, because of the way the "F" looks by itself, but I did like the bisecting line in the middle of the acronym's letters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Whittier S said:

It's a good logo; the competition was just stiff. One thing that bugs me is that the wings are beveled and nothing else in the logo is.

 Thanks for the compliment. Yeah I had the bevel on there and wanted to apply it to something else on the logo but wasn't quite sure how to.

 

1 hour ago, Dan O'Mac said:

This logo was a very good start to exactly what you wanted, something unique. As @Whittier S said, the lack of beveling anywhere else hindered it. Had there been beveling on the stars/outline, the logo would've looked complete. I'm not a huge fan of the font, because of the way the "F" looks by itself, but I did like the bisecting line in the middle of the acronym's letters.

Thanks for the input on how to fix the beveling. If I have time I may take another look at the logo and try to improve it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure this one made my top 3. Everything here flows really well together. The font choice and the stripes are a fantastic match, and the logo looks like it would be a legit franchise logo. Nice job on this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HRC4 said:

I'm pretty sure this one made my top 3. Everything here flows really well together. The font choice and the stripes are a fantastic match, and the logo looks like it would be a legit franchise logo. Nice job on this.

Thanks for the kind words! One of the things that kinda bothers me is that there's no explanation that goes into these, and so I can't explain until now that there's 10 stripes on each side of the shorts and jersey, which equals 20, the number of starting gates at the Kentucky Derby. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bucknut42 said:

Thanks for the kind words! One of the things that kinda bothers me is that there's no explanation that goes into these, and so I can't explain until now that there's 10 stripes on each side of the shorts and jersey, which equals 20, the number of starting gates at the Kentucky Derby. 

And it's exactly those details which make the Logolympiad so hard in and of itself. You added a nice detail, that does help the design with the subtle touch. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This concept was a contender. The thing that really threw me was the relationship between the head and the neck.

By total coincidence, I submitted a Louisville Stallions concept to Logolympiad about six years ago. This one's a lot better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In response to the head and neck comments: I really struggled with the execution of this logo. It was tough to get it just right and I know I didn't, but it got down to crunch time and this was the best I could do.

 

Logo creation is not my strong point, so I'm just trying to stay afloat here in this contest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well event 3 is now over, and I'm not satisfied with my work for this contest. I chose the Salt Lake Bees as the subject of my Pacific Coast League alternate jersey and the jersey turned out pretty boring and nothing special. Hopefully I can bounce back in the next few events.

 

event3-bucknut42_orig.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought it was well executed, but it looked like it could be for many different kinds of events. Not that it necessarily had to have dodgeballs flying all over the place, but it didn't look particularly sporty, either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.