New NHL logo?

slapshot

I found this on the front page of SportsBusinessJournal. I don't have a subscription, so I couldn't read the article, but maybe someone hwere can shed some light on this one.

New NHL logo planned for return to ice

The NHL is planning a marketing overhaul that will include redesigning the league?s more than 80-year-old orange and black logo, an initiative that will begin whenever players take to the ice once again.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like this... The current logo is one of the oldest logos of all leagues, and it shouldn't change!!

I hope they come up with something good, otherwise the NHL will go down the drain...

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

When's the contest to design the new NHL logo start?

About 5 minutes before the "Bring Back the Black and Orange Shield" campaign ratchets up.

This is ridiculous. I give the new logo three years and I haven't even seen it yet.

Oh man this would be STUPID! Another way for Bettman to try to make the NHL like the NBA. STUPID STUPID STUPID. The league logo sticks out since it is in black and orange (or silver).

There was a book that came out a few years ago, about how hockey has been ruined by greed. One point they made out was in 1993, Bettman wanted an NBA like logo to be made for the NHL, but owners quickly turned down.

WHAT NEXT BETTMAN!!! MAKING SURE EVERYONE HAS A GLOW PUCK?

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The NFL has a sheild logo, does that hurt them. I don't think so.

How many people are going, "I don't like the league logo so I won't watch the game." This is another example of the NHL doing something that will bring in zero fans but will alienate it's current fans. First it was the conference names now the league logo.

I didn't mind the conference names change. I thought it made sense because it's hard for the average joe to identify the teams in the conference. Although without those division name Chris Berman would use the term NFC Norris.

I saw, I came, I left.

WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!!!!!!!!

bad idea. bad bad bad.

Of all the problems they have, the logo isn't one of them.

good Lord.

I was thinking the exact same thing. They should just be making sure that they will be returning at all next season. :wacko:

Doh!

my god... k i have had no reason to start a Jihad against Bettman... till now... i was pissed about the conference names... but hey i can let that slide... but when you want to change the oldest symbol of the league you need to be ran up a flag pole by your underwear while being pelted with food stuff... then the pole is lit on fire so it falls into a truck full of manure... where... well you get the point

GDB... Brothers from other Mothers

www.pifflespodcast.com

Archived