New NHL logo?

slapshot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still say leave it alone. I just can't see the tweaks as being necessary or an improvement over a simple, two color logo that's worked for pretty much the last 8 decades.

Relax, guys, it's not as bad as it sounds. Go read my article:

http://www.sportslogos.net/article.php?n_id=30

Hmm... I'm not as skeptical or concerned as before. An updated shield could be nice.

I'm still skeptical. It's change for the sake of change. What the hell is wrong with what we have now? I like what we have now and so do a lot of other people. Will I stop watching the NHL if it has a new logo? Of course not. I'm just tired of things that have a tradition being tossed away because it can be.

Will I stop watching the NHL if it has a new logo?  Of course not.

That is precisely why they know they can change it. I'm all for tradition, but right now I'm not going to get all fired up about a "possible" modification to the league logo when there might not even be a league at all next year.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

only one thing needs to be done to the nhl logo: use the black and silver version full time. its a perfect update of a perfect desighn. also, if ur leauge logo isnt r,w, & b, no team in ur leauge should share colours with the leauge (see nhl & flyers). use the silver and black sheild and u have a unique, classic sheild that dosnt share a colour combination with a team.

Someone should really go and smack Bettman upside the head for this one. I mean, doesn't he have bigger fish to fry? Like Goodenow?

Geez, I had a feeling it was a bad thing when the NHL hired a New York lawyer to run the damn thing. Now I bet Clarence Campbell is spinning in his grave...

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

Geez, I had a feeling it was a bad thing when the NHL hired a New York lawyer to run the damn thing. Now I bet Clarence Campbell is spinning in his grave...

we want dryden! we want dryden! wait, isnt he a mp now? oh well.

we want gretzky! we want gretzky!

we want dryden! we want dryden! wait, isnt he an mp now? oh well.

we want gretzky! we want gretzky!

Gretzky? No way, man. He works for Phoenix now. C'mon! Phoenix?! Couldn't he at least save the Oilers or Kings, for cryin' out loud?

Try this one instead:

How about Howe!

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I wouldn't mind the silver and black look, because I have been used to that for sometime, better than the 'puck' logo. But I'd rather keep the logo as is. It's unique and easily recognisable

I saw, I came, I left.

It should be pointed out if you look very closely at the logo on the authentic jerseys, pants and helmets, ther logo is silver and black, with silver replacing the orange elements of the NHL shield. See it on nhluniforms.com in the 2000's category if you don't believe me.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

considering we live in the era of the awful hockey logo, im scared to see what the final product is. if it isn't broke, for the love of god, DON'T F'N FIX IT.

leave the logo alone.

:cursing:

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

Everyone watch out for your team. It could change. I could see Toronto being known as Southern Ontario Leafs to rep the Southern Half of the Providence with everything including the name. Sabres become Western New York Sabres to rep half the state.

I'm really surprised the league hasn't introduced Jerry West type logo.

It's called tradition, somethings you don't change and the NHL logo is it!

Everyone watch out for your team. It could change. I could see Toronto being known as Southern Ontario Leafs to rep the Southern Half of the Providence with everything including the name. Sabres become Western New York Sabres to rep half the state.

:lol: and what? the northern half of Providence remains Bruins country?

I saw, I came, I left.

I've always wondered why they put the orange & black shield on the replicas and the silver & black shield on the pro jersey's. Maybe they have been trying to slowly faze it in. I could be wrong. I say stay with tradition.

Archived