SuperSamNaj's Logolympiad Design

supersamnaj

Hello everyone! I've been lurking for a few months now, and have fairly recently taken an interest in sports logos and uniform design. The fantasy team challenge for LOGOLYMPIAD was my first submission of any kind on the forums and, as with many people this week, I'd love to get some feedback to see how I can improve my skills.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks!

n3KMBmY.png

Honestly, I really liked this one. The secondary logo on the shorts looks great with the striping, the script is nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the drop shadow on sports numbers, but that's my personal preference. I think you could've cleaned up your presentation, as your white jersey does blend into the background a bit.

3 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Honestly, I really liked this one. The secondary logo on the shorts looks great with the striping, the script is nice.

I'm not a huge fan of the drop shadow on sports numbers, but that's my personal preference. I think you could've cleaned up your presentation, as your white jersey does blend into the background a bit.

I appreciate that, thank you! Yeah I noticed the lines looked a lot fainter when exported on the white jersey after I submitted them. The drop shadows on the numbers were actually kind of a last minute call--felt classic with the script text. Thanks for the feedback!

On 11/21/2017 at 7:01 AM, KRZYBDGRZ said:

The logo is almost there for me, the rocket might be a little larger, and have more detail

I will have to play around with that! My original version of the logo I did years ago featured a larger jet, but the logo was cluttered with poor fonts, gradients, etc. (It was one of my first tries at a logo I'd ever done).

On 11/21/2017 at 11:20 AM, Whittier S said:

The plane looks very birdlike to me.

I hadn't noticed that before, but now I can't unsee it! Hopefully adding some detail will help. Hoping to put some work in over the holiday weekend!

Archived