Sign in to follow this  
kcoslett17

College Football Playoff 16-team field

The College Football Playoff, despite being infinitely better than the BCS, is still flawed.  I feel that 4 teams is insufficient, and that the whole bowl system is just a mess.  That being said, I have come up with a fix.  In this thread, I will post weekly brackets that would line-up with this system (with tweaks I think would happen), and when the final rankings come out, all 16 teams' uniforms for the playoff.  So, without further ado, here is my idea for a 16-team playoff field. 

1. FBS teams play a 10-game, 11-week regular season schedule, including 1 bye week. (weeks 1-11; Aug, 26-Nov. 4)

• Schedule includes 6-8 conference games, and 2-4 non-conference FBS games. FBS teams will no longer be allowed to play FCS teams (avoids many strength of schedule ?'s). 
  • Week 12 = nationwide bye week/ Army-Navy game  (Nov. 11)
  • Week 13 = conference championship games, Selection Sunday (Nov. 16-19)

2. Postseason - Power-5 conference champions receive automatic bid, but do not get home-field or higher seeds.  Committee will still select wild cards and seed teams. 

• Week 14 = Playoff BYE; start group-of-5 bowl games. (Nov. 20-30) 
  • Week 15 = Playoff round 1; 8 games played at higher seed's home field. (Nov. 30, Dec. 1-2).   
  • Week 16 = Playoff round 2; 4 games played as Rose, Sugar, Orange, and Fiesta Bowls (could rotate every year for #1 ovr. seeds, locations, bowls, etc.); Group-of-5 and Power-5 non-playoff bowl games during week, Playoff games Friday night and Saturday (Dec. 4-9)
  • Week 17 = Playoff BYE; Rd. 1 loser bowl games start and Power-5 non-playoff bowl games continue/finish. (December 11-22) 
  • Week 18 = Playoff round 3; 2 games played at neutral sites (2018 in Indy, Houston; rotate every year.) (Dec. 23) 
  • Week 19 = Playoff BYE; playoff round 2 loser bowls start and finish (Dec. 26- Jan.1) Note: Round 3 losers do not get extra bowl games since they played in the Final 4.  
  • Week 20 = Playoff Championship (2018 in Atlanta, rotate every year). (January 8)

Uhhhh, edit: I can't figure out how to post an image directly from my computer.  I've posted on this before and was able to browse my files, is that not possible anymore? It's been a while since I've posted.  Sorry, this is embarassing. 

35 minutes ago, kcoslett17 said:

Uhhhh, edit: I can't figure out how to post an image directly from my computer.  I've posted on this before and was able to browse my files, is that not possible anymore? It's been a while since I've posted.  Sorry, this is embarassing.

You should try to use an image-hosting site like postimg.com or imgur, at least that's what I do.

imgur is free, easy, and works great. just upload to the "community" and then right click the image and use "Copy Image Address" and paste right into the post, it should automatically embed the image

I love this idea. Maybe you explained this and I missed it. Do losers on the playoffs get eliminated after their first loss? Or is there losers brackets, consolation games etc. 

I wish this would happen