NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (Final Teams Added)

edjb93

Alright! Before I move on with the final conference, SWAC, I would like to know what you think of the entire Southland Conference so far. Also, I will make concepts for Merrimack, LIU, and Dixie State, although, in the case of LIU, it would not be easy, given that teams from LIU Brooklyn and LIU Post will merge as one and go for a new nickname (hopefully the merged team will retain the Blackbirds)*.

Also (again), I would take a stab at the AAF, although this league is in a coma in my opinion (presumed dead for some)**.

* UPDATE: The new LIU team will be sporting blue and gold, so the Blackbirds moniker is out of consideration. 😔

** UPDATE 2: Due to AAF's bankruptcy, the league is REALLY DEAD. But I'll still make uniform concepts for all 8 teams, so stay tuned!

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a huge Sam Houston fan, I love the addition of a blue uniform. Right now it is nothing but an accent, but I love the concept of it as a more prominent look. The orange helmets look great with the blue uniforms. 

I really like the Lion head SELA helmet, that is really cool. SLC was great! Looking forward to the SWAC.

• 2 weeks later...

ALABAMA STATE

The LSU-style striping returns, but this time, it's implemented on all uniforms. The black helmet finally has stripes that match with the rest of the uniform elements. Also, the academic "ASU" wordmark finds its way to the gold helmet, replacing the one the team had since 2000 (I still can't believe it lasted that long, plus that wordmark isn't so 2000-y).

q0MXSbw.png

2rPmDdF.png

HYpXIh1.png

• edjb93 changed the title to NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (SWAC: Alabama Two-Way)
  • 2 weeks later...

JACKSON STATE

I had an unreleased concept for JSU that featured a contrasting shoulder yoke, which was based from this set. And yes, shoulder yoke is the name of the game for this new concept of mine, with sublimated tiger stripes instead of a single color, for an improved look.

ChIoNIz.png

JEPdLUg.png

On 6/4/2019 at 12:10 PM, BellaSpurs said:

You didn’t need to make that Miss Valley State set so nice but you did. Looks great!

Thanks! I really did this way, since most of MVSU's football uniforms are so templated. Since nostalgia is the name of the game nowadays for football uniforms, and the shoulder loops are an homage to the late Deacon Jones (no. 77 in the picture), why not throw it back to the days of an another Hall of Famer?

GRAMBLING STATE

This is definitely one of my favorites. Though this incorporates a random design, the incorporation of sublimated tiger stripes makes it unique. It's so unique, I think Adidas and Grambling State should consider this over their simply-designed uniforms. An all-red uniform is included, since it's in Grambling State's tradition.

O242imY.png

h5VjifS.png

7xzRUBo.png

Odqnjs4.png

• 2 weeks later...

PRAIRIE VIEW A&M

This concept is heavily based from their last Russell uniforms (sans white helmets). It's definitely a huge improvement from their bland Adidas uniforms. Though it's not heavily used in athletics, PVAMU's academic logo is added on the sides of the pants.

A5ky6tJ.png

xmiVDRr.png

1NHX2St.png

I'm almost finished with this entire topic, as I'm still about to add Dixie State, LIU (still no logo!), and Merrimack. Let me know your thoughts and comments about my FCS concepts.

• edjb93 changed the title to NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (SWAC: The Final Two)
  • 2 weeks later...

MERRIMACK

The beveling on the MC mark becomes the basis of the striping and yoke on the jerseys, with their academic logo adorning the upper portion at the back. Gold still remains the color of their primary dark uniform (I also added gold pants for good measure), while the navy is an alternate.

YWinXmG.png

ZbKHeMZ.png

sETu6J4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived