NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (Final Teams Added)

edjb93

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VALPARAISO

All the wavy designs on the uniforms were taken from their V-shield logo. I decided to use metallic gold instead of athletic gold (ehem, yellow), because that's what the football team has been using for the most of its existence. With that, gold helmets make their comeback. Despite all those waves, block numbers are here to stay, since nothing can go wrong with block numbers.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Hey, guys. It's been a long time since I last posted a team in this topic. And I'm gonna stick my word that I'll finish all FCS teams. Sooner, I'll be posting teams from the SoCon.

Just a crowdsourcing from you, people, especially students and alumni of FCS schools, what design aspects do you want to see on my concepts? Also, what do you think of my concept uniforms so far? All the shortcut links are at the first page. Comments are greatly appreciated.

CHATTANOOGA

Keeping things simple for the Mocs, I just added the helmet striping to the pants, and used their own font for the wordmark and the numbers. Making its return is the navy blue helmet, now with stripes. Lately, I've been wondering about adding a contrasting shoulder yoke for the uniforms.

spacer.png

spacer.png

THE CITADEL

The helmet striping has been extended to the pants (as it should be), and a sublimated digital camo pattern has been applied to the shoulders. The silver helmet makes its return, although it has a different striping and helmet decal compared with the original ones.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

EAST TENNESSEE STATE

I applied a design for ETSU that you have never seen on any of my concepts: logo on top of sleeve stripes. The Northwestern stripe idea came from the buccaneer hat on the sleeve logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

MERCER

I got the inspiration from the jersey "worn" by their inflatable bear entrance, which heavily resembles the one that the Chicago Bears use. I fixed the striping on the white helmet for color balance's sake. The numbers have notches a la Michigan State (except for '1' and '4'), patterned after the MU monogram and their athletic wordmark.

spacer.png

CyCPbsn.png

W89Ok9K.png

VMI

Initially, I don't know what to conceptualize for VMI, but since it's a military academy, I settled with a chevron-like pattern on the sleeves, while retaining most of the simplistic elements of the uniform, as well as the use of metallic gold. Things got even more interesting with the addition of white pants and a red fauxback helmet, in tribute of their most recent winning season, 1981.

aobbv4b.png

2K942mS.png

gezwquJ.png

I think you’ve done some great work here! Just looking at your concepts as a whole, I think you’ve really done a great job of a few things.

First, nothing seems too gimmicky. Your concepts that branch out a little bit feature relevant aspects of the identity and they look cohesive. Valpo is one of my favorites for that very reason - your treatment of the sleeve and pants designs are clearly inspired by the logo, not “just because” like some teams do, and the treatment ties the whole thing from head to toe together beautifully. Second, the teams who’ve you’ve done more traditional designs for are all designed in such a way that there’s still great variety from school to school. Just scrolling through this last page, each school seems different enough from each other to stand out from each other while still maintaining a traditional style between them all. You’ve done a very good job of that! And third, everything looks really clean. 

Keep up the great work!

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

WOFFORD

Keeping the simplistic theme of Wofford's football uniforms, I just added a design taken from the decoration under the "W Wofford" logo to the sleeve cuffs, collars, and pant stripes. I also added white and black pants options as well. Fear not, though, as these should be paired with either black or white jerseys only once or twice in one season.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I'M BAAAAACK!!!

First of all, sorry for keeping you waiting for my new concepts. I just had to fulfill my tasks on my work (in case you didn't know, I'm a web developer), and sometimes, overtime happens, thus I rarely have time to create more concepts for the remaining conferences. I assure y'all that I'll finish this series, since there are only two conferences left.

Also, I'm migrating my concepts from Flickr to Imgur, due to the former's 1,000-photo limit.

CENTRAL ARKANSAS

I just basically implemented the helmet striping to the rest of the uniforms, then changed the font to the Pats' font because it's similar to the wordmark font.

J2aE9Jw.png

u2lmow5.png

TjY1fnH.png

HOUSTON BAPTIST

I've been wanting to do a wordmark-on-sleeves treatment to a certain concept. And I thought that HBU might be the best team to experiment on that. I tried their diagonal wordmarks, as, at the time of my conceptualizing, I thought that those were the better choice. But when I put those into execution, it did not turn out well. And so, I resorted to the non-arched version of the wordmark found on their helmet decals, which I made myself, and added the "Huskies" version on the pants. And yes, the mismatched striping on blue and white backgrounds are intentional. Let me know what you think!

inPXWvI.png

UdCuRJO.png

Archived