NCAA Division I FCS Concept Uniforms (Final Teams Added)

edjb93

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thoughts on this part of the Southland:

ACU

-Make the whisker striping grey, so it looks like the logo

-Maybe throw in another helmet option?

-Overall reminds me of a TCU styles team, pretty good look

UCA

-Change the sleeve caps from being a K State look, maybe make it model the look of their iconic turf?

-The arched script on the back of the helmet looks kinda bizarre, either make the script flat or make it contour with the helmet

-Usage of the Pats font looks really good on this

-Very clean and classy look

HBU

-Not the biggest fan of the negative husky logo, I think going back to the original may look the best

-Have a second white helmet with the HBU stripe down the middle? I think that it’s a very unique and clean look

-I enjoy that HBU is a blue and white team, with a hint of orange. I hope SHSU looks different from HBU

That's what- She

20 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

I enjoy that HBU is a blue and white team, with a hint of orange. I hope SHSU looks different from HBU

Yeah, my Sam Houston State concept will indeed be different from HBU's, since that's a predominantly orange team, though I added blue jerseys and pants as alternatives. That's a hint for ya.

LAMAR

I based the design for my Lamar concept from this set, but made sure that black will only be a trim color on both red and primary white pants and jerseys. However, I also made black jerseys and pants, and black jersey-exclusive white pants and helmets.

V6sTO8d.png

fuutdQ9.png

IAZrNV3.png

3xt08gh.png

I cover Lamar here in Beaumont. Was never a fan of the set of uniforms you based these off (think that set is around 4-5 years old). I like the clean design for the helmets. Last year the black helmets became good luck. Football is the last team really holding on to the use of the Cardinal head. Most have switched to the interlocking LU.

Love the Nicholls update. The Colonel’s current look is so outdated. The sword is a nice touch. Also, HBU might be my favorite SLC set yet, but I cannot wait to see SHSU!

Just wish Lamar would have gotten a black lid. That is their good luck charm! Made a shocking run to the playoffs while wearing those blacks.

SAM HOUSTON STATE

I basically merged their current and previous uniform designs. Also, the number font is now the same as the one used in the logo. If you take a closer look, there is a sublimated scratch pattern on the jersey's shoulder and pants' side panels. I could not recall any blue uniform in the history of Bearkats football, so I made one. Per suggestion of @mamiller99, I added the bearcat head logo at the back in place of NOB.

iOeljPF.png

NcHxrrU.png

JXNOEfw.png

As a future transfer student, gotta say that’s a great look! I guess that my only issue is that the back of the jersey looks really plain. I would either fill in the yoke or and an NOB. I think adding the Bearkat head to the hip (across from the UA logo) would look pretty good too. I think it’s too good of a logo to not include somewhere. Is that the old Ottawa font or Columbus font?

That's what- She

2 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

As a future transfer student, gotta say that’s a great look! I guess that my only issue is that the back of the jersey looks really plain. I would either fill in the yoke or and an NOB. I think adding the Bearkat head to the hip (across from the UA logo) would look pretty good too. I think it’s too good of a logo to not include somewhere. Is that the old Ottawa font or Columbus font?

Good thing you noticed. I used the old font for the Blue Jackets. I'm taking a reconsideration of adding more elements on the back of the jersey, whether it's the NOB or a logo. With regards to the logo you're talking about, are you referring to this one?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/82347602001/Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats/2001/Alternate_Logo

16 hours ago, edjb93 said:

Good thing you noticed. I used the old font for the Blue Jackets. I'm taking a reconsideration of adding more elements on the back of the jersey, whether it's the NOB or a logo. With regards to the logo you're talking about, are you referring to this one?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/82347602001/Sam_Houston_State_Bearkats/2001/Alternate_Logo

Yes, that is the one I am talking about. It’s basically a Detroit Tigers copy, but I think it’s too good not to use

That's what- She

STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

For the last team in Southland (alphabetically), I went with a design based from the beveling in the SFA monogram. Though this can be duplicated by other teams, I think this will fit into SFA football, given that they (and the rest of FCS teams) use templated designs.

FBcjLl9.png

dLGiIRQ.png

izSTQoJ.png

Archived