Jump to content

USC Facemask & Jersey


jbru119
 Share

Recommended Posts

Two questions after watching last night's Pac 12 Championship:

1.   What is the color of USC's facemasks & what is the story behind them? They used to be gray, right? Now they're almost like some sort of clay/pink?

2.   Why do USC jerseys look like they are made of Saran Wrap?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jbru119 said:

Two questions after watching last night's Pac 12 Championship:

1.   What is the color of USC's facemasks & what is the story behind them? They used to be gray, right? Now they're almost like some sort of clay/pink?

2.   Why do USC jerseys look like they are made of Saran Wrap?

 

aptopix-pac-12-championship-football_249

 

The facemasks are gray with gold flakes, and I have no idea what you mean by the jerseys looking like saran wrap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gray & metal flake? Does it look pink/clay to anyone else? Maybe it's my television...

 

Re: Saran Wrap, I never noticed it before, but as I'm digging deeper I realize it's not unique to USC & I guess I hadn't noticed it before. Must be a combination of jerseys being so tight & the whatever material Nike has concocted:

 

Matt-Campbell-high-five-Lazard--1200x960

usatsi_9608488-2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

usa_today_8804851.0.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jbru119 said:

Gray & metal flake? Does it look pink/clay to anyone else? Maybe it's my television...

 

Re: Saran Wrap, I never noticed it before, but as I'm digging deeper I realize it's not unique to USC & I guess I hadn't noticed it before. Must be a combination of jerseys being so tight & the whatever material Nike has concocted:

 

Matt-Campbell-high-five-Lazard--1200x960

usatsi_9608488-2.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

usa_today_8804851.0.jpg

The newer jerseys try to minimize this but remember that these guys are wearing size 38 jerseys on top of pads so it's inevitable you would see bunching. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flyersfan said:

I don’t have a problem with the bunching on the shoulders but when it distorts the numbers (which it always does) it looks terrible.

Yeah,  but unless the NCAA mandates the fit of a uniform it will still occur. That's my main complaint about adidas uniforms. Mainly because the front numbers bunch up so bad you can't read them at times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, C-Squared said:

The issue is simply stitching onto stretchy material. Look at any Under Armour shirt with embroidery and you will notice bunching.

Even Louisville, who uses screened numbers will still have that issue. I do wonder if we'll start to see teams go back to screened numbers over stitched on numbers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Even Louisville, who uses screened numbers will still have that issue. I do wonder if we'll start to see teams go back to screened numbers over stitched on numbers. 

Louisville's numbers aren't screened, they're a heat transfer, so I think they may share enough characteristics with twill numbers to fall victim to many of the same issues (especially ones that arise from non-stretchy numbers on a stretchy jersey)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/2/2017 at 10:44 PM, walkerws said:

Some of that bunching is also caused by two sided tape. As a game goes on, it’ll bunch up and pull everywhere. 

Wait, what about two-sided tape? I don't know about this...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, jbru119 said:

Wait, what about two-sided tape? I don't know about this...

2 sided tape is applied to the shoulder pads of linemen and skill players to keep the jersey against the pads so that players cant grab any material. As a former student manager  when I was in college I can tell you it is a pain to get the jerseys on to the pads with the tape

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.