City/State Color Identities

Section30

i'd really like the see dallas in a mix of blue and green. that color scheme always screamed dallas to me. probably because of my age and the old mavs digs, and reunion arena colors.

minnesota looks great. i love them.

i'd say the bruins are the only team that really legit looks awful. but there's not much you can do in boston. every color scheme is so strong, iconic, and different from the rest.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up i went with the two teams from Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is the city that kind of started this idea since they asre the only city with every team having the exact same colors. Since they are all the same this was by far the easiest to make. No changes to any teams.

KV4rC5h.png

Up next we have Philadelphia, Philly has a soft spot in my heart as I seem to always cheer for their teams for no real reason. Anyways I went with green, orange, and white for Philly. The green comes as a mix of the old kelly green and current green of the eagles and the orange from the Flyers. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't influenced a little by Miami I've just always loved their colors. Anyways the changes to each team are altering the shade of green and adding orange instead of black and silver, the Sixers change their red and blue for green and orange along with the Phillies, the Flyers swap black for green and Union removes their green and gold for orange and green.

9jeYeLT.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

2 minutes ago, Section30 said:

Next up i went with the two teams from Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh is the city that kind of started this idea since they asre the only city with every team having the exact same colors. Since they are all the same this was by far the easiest to make. No changes to any teams.

KV4rC5h.png

Up next we have Philadelphia, Philly has a soft spot in my heart as I seem to always cheer for their teams for no real reason. Anyways I went with green, orange, and white for Philly. The green comes as a mix of the old kelly green and current green of the eagles and the orange from the Flyers. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't influenced a little by Miami I've just always loved their colors. Anyways the changes to each team are altering the shade of green and adding orange instead of black and silver, the Sixers change their red and blue for green and orange along with the Phillies, the Flyers swap black for green and Union removes their green and gold for orange and green.

9jeYeLT.png

Nice but black orange and green 

I think Philadephia is the first one I’m not really feeling. I’m not sure why, but green and orange do not seem to be colors that fit Philly to me. I guess it just feels sort of tropical with the Miami association. Maybe the Eagle’s midnight green would work better. Or, it could be fun to experiment with some different schemes. I think the old Phillies’ maroon and light blue would also work great, but I’d love to see some other ideas too.

9 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I think Philadephia is the first one I’m not really feeling. I’m not sure why, but green and orange do not seem to be colors that fit Philly to me. I guess it just feels sort of tropical with the Miami association. Maybe the Eagle’s midnight green would work better. Or, it could be fun to experiment with some different schemes. I think the old Phillies’ maroon and light blue would also work great, but I’d love to see some other ideas too.

Maybe Green and Maroon? Or orange can be a third color option (if that's allowed in your own self-imposed rules).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Thanks for the feedback, I personally liked the green and orange but understand what you were saying. I looked at some of you suggestions and with what I have picked for other teams and thought that the old Phillies maroon and baby blue would work best, I personally like how it turned out.

dVCFFVp.png

8 minutes ago, Section30 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I personally liked the green and orange but understand what you were saying. I looked at some of you suggestions and with what I have picked for other teams and thought that the old Phillies maroon and baby blue would work best, I personally like how it turned out.

dVCFFVp.png

That is a major improvement. Every single team looks good now. The only suggestion I could make would maybe be to incorporate more maroon in the 76ers logo, and seeing a maroon version of the away would be cool too.

Great job! Looking forward to what you have next.

For cosmetic reasons the Philadelphia Eagles jersey in maroon and light blue reminds me of Aston Villa/Burnley/West Ham.

Maybe try a light blue and gold Philadelphia version as they are the colours in the city flag? Still the light blue and maroon looks really good. The green and orange to me doesn't ring Philly - feels too tropical (I think of it with oranges and various fruits and crops that grow in tropical climates) to associate with Philadelphia.

There are so many possibilities for Philly but I'm pretty happy with how the maroon and baby blue combo. Moving on, next up is Tampa Bay, I knew I wanted warm colors and so I decided on black from the old Lightning, red from the current Bucs, and orange as a supporting color from the old "creamsicle" Bucs. As far as changes the Bucs remove their silver and gray and have a black helmet with a white cage for the helmet, the logo just drops the silver. The Lightning make the most drastic change in identity IMO by completely dropping the blue from their identity and replacing it with red, they also add black into their uniform and a little orange on their shoulder patches. Since the Rays dropped the "Devil" for a sun ray red and orange make sense, they just swap the navy for black and light blue for red and the sun burst is now orange rather than yellow.

FAdSkHh.png

21 minutes ago, Section30 said:

There are so many possibilities for Philly but I'm pretty happy with how the maroon and baby blue combo. Moving on, next up is Tampa Bay, I knew I wanted warm colors and so I decided on black from the old Lightning, red from the current Bucs, and orange as a supporting color from the old "creamsicle" Bucs. As far as changes the Bucs remove their silver and gray and have a black helmet with a white cage for the helmet, the logo just drops the silver. The Lightning make the most drastic change in identity IMO by completely dropping the blue from their identity and replacing it with red, they also add black into their uniform and a little orange on their shoulder patches. Since the Rays dropped the "Devil" for a sun ray red and orange make sense, they just swap the navy for black and light blue for red and the sun burst is now orange rather than yellow.

FAdSkHh.png

Tampa looks good, that was probably the best solution. The only thing I could say to do is that using more orange would probably look cool.

Great job!

I really like this series - very good work.  Looking forward to the rest of the Cities/States.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Alright here we go with Chicago. For the windy city I went with the colors of the city flag with black, I felt that since a lot of teams use red or black it'd make sense and I like the look of the light blue along with those colors. As far as changes go the Bears probably had the most drastic change by replacing blue with black and orange with red, light blue accents are added on the undershirt. The Bulls just lighten their shade of red and add the light blue, their logo adds the blue in the bull's eyes. The Blackhawks uniform remains almost the same only lightening the red and the colors of their shoulder logo, the logo removes all the colors from the feathers besides the team colors. Now for the baseball teams, since there are two and there weren't enough to do two separate Chicago colors I decided the White Sox would be black and light blue, the blue just replaces silver, and the Cubs would be black and red with the black just replacing blue and the red being lightened. Finally the Chicago fire replace their blue with black, silver with light blue, and lighten their red. I feel that this color scheme is unique enough to stand out as well as make each team look fairly good and it has ties to the city itself.

611rEE3.png

As much as I hate Chi-town sports, you did a fantastic job with it. IMO, your best work yet. I love how the cubbies look with that black hat. The subtle light blue is terrific. Not a thing I would change. Nice work. I don’t like the Blackhawks look in real life, but simplifying the color scheme looks good. No more green and orange and navy blue. Looks much better.

I would buy anyone of these jerseys. Except the Cubs<_<

Wonderful job! You did an amazing job separating the two baseball teams, that’s something I never would have even thought to do. I know most of the teams are primarily black and red, but if you wanted to separate the baseball teams even more you could replace the black in the Cubs set with light blue.

As said before though, this is one of the best so far. Well done!

Archived