City/State Color Identities

Section30

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2018 at 9:57 AM, B-Rich said:

Um, yeah, Section30...  you do understand "grapefruit" is a COMPLETELY different fruit from a "grape", don't you?

Grapefruit- large citrus fruit; yelllow/orange exterior, typically pinkish interior:

5-GettyImages-589116862.jpg?itok=q7gBjNs

Grapes: much smaller fruit, comes in varieties of purple, red and "white" (actually, green):

grapes-nutrition-facts.jpg

The Mighty Ducks, however, actually called their color PLUM which is yet another fruit:

iStock-157682002.jpg

The ducks said it was Eggplant

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

3 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

We’re over this

just sayin (eggplant is favorite emoji;))

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely loving this series thus far. Miami is definitely teal and orange, right? I'm also curious what color you'll chose for Kansas City.

By the way, instead of splitting LA (or even NY), have you considering outfitting all 10 LA teams in navy and gold for complete city solidarity? I'm interested in how the Ducks, Clips, and to a lesser degree, the Angels, would look in that color scheme.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the long absence, I've been really busy with school, work and hockey. I plan on still doing this series in my free time however. Anyways, up next we have the US capital Washington DC. From the get go I knew that Washington would be red white and blue, but with a couple teams also using this color scheme or something very similar I added silver as a third color. The red is the same as that from the city flag and the blue is taken from the Wizards. As for changes, the Redskins drop maroon and gold for more patriotic colors, the jersey is now red, the helmet blue, and the pants silver, the number outlines are also silver. The Wizards just lighten their shade of red. The capitals lighten their red and blue as well as adding silver in the striping on the sleeves. The Nationals lighten their colors and add more blue to their uniforms. DC United slightly adjusts their red and replaces black with blue, silver is added as well on the outline of their logo and on the sponsor on the kit.

2ubOWWl.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

5 hours ago, Section30 said:

Sorry for the long absence, I've been really busy with school, work and hockey. I plan on still doing this series in my free time however. Anyways, up next we have the US capital Washington DC. From the get go I knew that Washington would be red white and blue, but with a couple teams also using this color scheme or something very similar I added silver as a third color. The red is the same as that from the city flag and the blue is taken from the Wizards. As for changes, the Redskins drop maroon and gold for more patriotic colors, the jersey is now red, the helmet blue, and the pants silver, the number outlines are also silver. The Wizards just lighten their shade of red. The capitals lighten their red and blue as well as adding silver in the striping on the sleeves. The Nationals lighten their colors and add more blue to their uniforms. DC United slightly adjusts their red and replaces black with blue, silver is added as well on the outline of their logo and on the sponsor on the kit.

2ubOWWl.png

Looks good, hard to imagine DC in anything other than red white and blue.

All I can see with the Redskins is the old Giants red alternate jersey, I think you've gotta change up the pants and/or helmet there.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

Up next we have the city of Houston. I decided to use orange, black and white since two teams use orange and it is a scheme that I feel fits the cities teams well. The orange is a slightly altered version of the Astros orange which more matches the color from their jersey. As far as changes go the Texans swap navy for black and red for orange. The Rockets just turn red into orange and add more black to their uniforms. The Astros just make their navy black. And the Dynamo just darken the shade of orange from an almost yellow-orange.

Eocu8Nc.png

How the heck have I not seen this 'til now?!...Great concept, great debate and very well executed!

They're all good, but I really like the Los Angeles, Buffalo and Toronto make-overs. 

Some potential new candidates for this series...Las Vegas (Golden Knights, Raiders, and Lights F.C.) and Seattle (Mariners, Seahawks, and with a new NHL team and possible return of the Sonics). 

Up next we have St. Louis, they will have the colors blue, red, and yellow. I was going between them and Colorado for this color scheme but decided on St Louis for a couple reasons, 1. The city flag is these colors 2. The blues need blue, duh 3. cardinals are red 4. both teams have already used slightly different variations of these colors in their history 5. I have an idea for a fairly unique color scheme for Colorado. Anyways, here are the changes. The blues drop navy and add more of their normal blue, red accents are added on the logo, numbers, and stripes. The Cards simply lighten their current shade of blue and slightly adjust their yellow to match the blues.

FNm5L73.png

Archived