City/State Color Identities

Section30

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, storietime said:

Section, I'm really enjoying this project.  Once you've completed the cities I'd love to see a picture of each of the leagues complete with their team's new logos/colours.  WHatare the chances of such things?

It's something I'll consider. Probably would happen at the end of the series.

Next up we have Ottawa, for the capital of the Great White North I decided on the colors of the senators logo. The Red and black are needed for a team called the Redblacks and the gold adds a uniqueness that sets these teams apart. As for changes, the Redblacks add gold and lighten their shade of red. The Sens just add gold into their uniform instead of being just on their logo.

QCLm62W.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

Looks solid, though a little odd to have the word black written in gold on the jersey. Not really sure how that can be avoided on a black jersey, that said, might be more of a symptom of the team's odd name than your design. I know it's currently white on their real jerseys

Next up we have Montreal. I went with the Canadiens red, Alouettes blue, and a grey based on the Impact and Alouettes shades of silver. This is the closest to two cities having the same color schemes as I will get (with Washington) but I felt the shades of red and blue are different enough along with grey instead of silver. As for changes the Alouettes lightened their red and darkened their silver. The Habs lightened their blue and added gray to the logo and collar. The Impact had the most drastic change, the logo has no more gradients and the black is replaced with red on the logo and kit, the gray is added to the kit and is more noticeable than the silver that was there before, the shade of blue is now darker as well.

oPT22aO.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2018 at 10:12 PM, Jake3.roo said:

colorado could be a dark purple/maroon and light blue

Considering maroon and blue is a Kronke thing, I favor Purple. A columbine is purple/blue white and yellow/gold. State flower and all. 

Alright next up we have Colorado. With the colors of the state flag being taken already by St. Louis I decided on steel blue and burgundy. The Av's colors minus black and silver, I feel like this is a really solid, unique, color scheme that fits these teams well. As far as changes go the Broncos have one of the most drastic changes by removing their famous orange and blue combo. The Nuggets have a similar situation, completely overhauling their look to match the new colors. The Avs remain mostly unchanged, the black and silver are both removed on the logo and uniform. The Rockies alter their purple to burgundy and black to blue. And finally the Colorado Rapids lighten their current burgundy and darken their blue.

BbRYG2i.png

18 minutes ago, Section30 said:

Alright next up we have Colorado. With the colors of the state flag being taken already by St. Louis I decided on steel blue and burgundy. The Av's colors minus black and silver, I feel like this is a really solid, unique, color scheme that fits these teams well. As far as changes go the Broncos have one of the most drastic changes by removing their famous orange and blue combo. The Nuggets have a similar situation, completely overhauling their look to match the new colors. The Avs remain mostly unchanged, the black and silver are both removed on the logo and uniform. The Rockies alter their purple to burgundy and black to blue. And finally the Colorado Rapids lighten their current burgundy and darken their blue.

BbRYG2i.png

Good color combination, and can you do Seattle next?

6 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Maybe Rockies' purple along with carolina blue? Or maybe purple and kelly green?

The first one is actually already for a team not yet revealed. And I don't really see where the green would come in for Colorado with none of the teams using it nor the state itself.

13 hours ago, Section30 said:

The first one is actually already for a team not yet revealed. And I don't really see where the green would come in for Colorado with none of the teams using it nor the state itself.

Probably for carolina

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

Archived