City/State Color Identities

Section30

If @Section30 does NY teams I have a feeling he does this:

Yankees' Midnight Blue & Silver & Giants Red: Giants, Yankees, Nets & Rangers

Mets' Royal Blue and Orange: Jets (substitute green for blue, and white for orange), Mets, Knicks, Islanders

Pre-2012 New Jersey Special: Nets and Devils in Black & Red

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

If @Section30 does NY teams I have a feeling he does this:

Yankees' Midnight Blue & Silver & Giants Red: Giants, Yankees, Nets & Rangers

Mets' Royal Blue and Orange: Jets (substitute green for blue, and white for orange), Mets, Knicks, Islanders

Pre-2012 New Jersey Special: Nets and Devils in Black & Red

Almost dead on... almost

34 minutes ago, Section30 said:

Almost dead on... almost

And I forgot about the soccer teams, which NYCFC goes to the Giants/Yanks/Nets/Rangers group because of their affiliation with the Yankees and the Red Bulls go to the NJ group (subbing Navy Blue for Black) or the Mets group (subbing Red for Orange and Yellow for White)

And an alternate: Switching the Nets and the Knicks for the traditional affiliations of NY G/Y/K/R and J/M/N/I

On 3/24/2018 at 2:38 PM, Section30 said:

Up next is Orlando, I went with black and silver from the Magic and the purple for Orlando City. As far as changes there isn't much of a drastic change for either team, the Magic just change their blue to purple and City drops their gold and adds silver and black.

kcNLplm.png

Let me know what you think, C is appreciated!

Looks good. I was wondering if you'd consider lumping the Jaguars into this group or not. Definitely a different city, but they are reasonably close and it sorta makes a nicer group with 3 teams. Instead of having a city with two teams and another with one.

But then you might argue that you could just add these 2 teams to Tampa's group as well, anyways.

On 3/19/2018 at 3:38 PM, Section30 said:

I thought about it, but I felt that there are too many colleges and minor league teams in each state/province to do something like that. Plus in most cases those in state teams are each others biggest rivals so to put them in the same colors would be weird as well as hard to do because I'd need to pick one schools colors and assign them to their rival. 

Anyways, heres our next city. Detroit. I knew I needed red for the Red Wings, And I thought that the Lions silver would work well with it. As far as changes for each team, the Lions swap their blue for red. The Pistons drop blue and add silver accents. The Red Wings add small amounts of silver on the stripes and logo (the Wings have used silver once already for the centennial game) And finally the Tigers replace their navy for red and orange for silver.

o3DWbut.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

It took me a while to decide how I felt about this one, I was expecting at least a little blue, (especially for the Lions and Tigers), but I think I like this direction. The Lions do kind of look like Ohio State (as someone mentioned), which as a team in Michigan that's kind of rough, but if I were completely unbiased it is a pretty sharp look. the Wings and the Pistons look good, but i'm kind of struggling with the Tigers... Could you try a version with the Tigers where silver was more dominate? What would their road grays look like? This is a great series I'm excited to see more!

sig-01_zpsb2ab3976.png

Sorry for the long break I was up north at the cabin, anyways here's Miami. I went for the stereotypical Miami vise pink, aqua, and black for Miami as it is such a unique color scheme that works surprisingly well IMO in sports. As for changes the Dolphins lighten their blue, add black, and replace the orange for pink. The Heat essentially use their current alternate with similar colors, I altered them slightly to match the ones I have picked. The Panthers go through the biggest change by far, the panther in their logo appears to have a sunburn from sunbathing too long, but it looks the best for these colors. The Marlins simplify their colors by changing them for pink and aqua.

pZXteHe.png

Let me know what you think, CC is appreciated!

3 hours ago, storietime said:

Miami looks great.  I do wonder how the Panthers would look with the pink and aqua reversed.  That would give a Carolina look to the Panther but I do wonder if it may make the jerseys look a little more polished.

I agree 

Archived