North American Pro Soccer 2018

Gothamite

1 hour ago, 4_tattoos said:

So far DC United's new stadium looks pretty good on TV. The blank white walls of the field level suite sticks out though. Should've probably painted that area in the team's colors or put some ads/logos up there to make it less visually plain. Nonetheless it looks way better than RFK did post Nationals.

But it's already falling apart - their sideline reporter got hit with a railing and was thus sidelined.

LvZYtbZ.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, willmorris said:

But it's already falling apart - their sideline reporter got hit with a railing and was thus sidelined.

Had to Google to make sure you weren't messing with me.

Yikes, that's not a good way to open a new stadium. Luckily their next home game isn't until the 25th, so they have about a week and half to tighten up those railings and fix any other issues that I'm sure will be brought to light.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

51 minutes ago, 4_tattoos said:

Yikes, that's not a good way to open a new stadium. Luckily their next home game isn't until the 25th, so they have about a week and half to tighten up those railings and fix any other issues that I'm sure will be brought to light.

Dude, the "Punchlist" was still open today.  Today, they just wanted and got a CO, or a Certificate of Occupancy. AKA the Fire Marshall was OK with having a game and club level sprinklers amd alarms worked.

That issued just was added to the Punchlist.

As we peer into the future............It's 2026 and Beckham is still wandering South Florida looking for a stadium site as Miami expansion gets pushed back again and again and again. Meanwhile the Tampa Bay Rowdies join MLS in 2026 and the rivalry with Orlando is renewed. ?

13 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Yeah, I wasn't going to joke about that. Especially as a Philly fan seeing railings collapse on a stadium. Not a fun thing.

LvZYtbZ.png

18 hours ago, dfwabel said:

Ya know that $hit ain't done for free.

It's the first game there. I'd expect the advertising boards were the last things getting put together. 

5 hours ago, Wings said:

As we peer into the future............It's 2026 and Beckham is still wandering South Florida looking for a stadium site as Miami expansion gets pushed back again and again and again. Meanwhile the Tampa Bay Rowdies join MLS in 2026 and the rivalry with Orlando is renewed. ?

If Precourt is still wandering Austin trying to find a space for a new stadium or queso and Zima, I'm fine with that.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Heads up. There's going to be a USL game airing live on ESPN2 this week. Charlotte vs Cincinnati at 8pm on Wednesday night.

ESPN+ has many USL games on it.  (I'm still too cheap to get it LOL)

I do love the idea of DII games being aired.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

15 hours ago, Needschat said:

I do love the idea of DII games being aired.  

I agree. It's kinda remarkable considering how hard it was to find soccer on TV 10 to 12 years ago. I remember a time when the only Premier League games on U.S. TV were mid-week rebroadcasts used as space filler. I remember around 2005 subscribing to an early streaming service from now-defunct Irish network Setanta Sports because it included a lot of English league games. It was a pain in the ass to watch, but it was all you could get.

I still miss Fox Soccer Channel, though, as crappy as it occasionally was. 

20 hours ago, Needschat said:

I don't want to pay for content they used to stream for free on ESPN3 *hmph*

But since I'm a big fan of lower division of college football (FCS, D2, D3) I'll probably pay up if that gets moved to Plus ?

Hotter Than July > Thriller

9 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I agree. It's kinda remarkable considering how hard it was to find soccer on TV 10 to 12 years ago. I remember a time when the only Premier League games on U.S. TV were mid-week rebroadcasts used as space filler. I remember around 2005 subscribing to an early streaming service from now-defunct Irish network Setanta Sports because it included a lot of English league games. It was a pain in the ass to watch, but it was all you could get.

I still miss Fox Soccer Channel, though, as crappy as it occasionally was. 

I remember local PBS station did English League First Division games and Bundesliga games as well, Sunday replays of Saturday games.  

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

7 hours ago, Needschat said:

I remember local PBS station did English League First Division games and Bundesliga games as well, Sunday replays of Saturday games.  

"Soccer Made in Germany".  I loved that show.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2015/08/throwback-thursday-soccer-made-in-germany-1976-198.html

"If the goals had been stacked one atop the other, his shot still would have been too high."

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/07/17/fc-cincinnati-hires-branding-giant-for-new-mls.html

FC Cincinnati will submit its MLS branding to the league at the All Star Game in Atlanta on August 1 for approval and will unveil it later this fall.

Here is what we know so far:

Team has stated its full name will be Fussball Club Cincinnati but will continue to be called FC Cincinnati as it is now.

Team colors will remain orange and blue.

Kit sponsor will be Mercy Health. The kits being submitted to MLS will be Adidas.

Signature intentionally left blank

32 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

https://www.bizjournals.com/cincinnati/news/2018/07/17/fc-cincinnati-hires-branding-giant-for-new-mls.html

FC Cincinnati will submit its MLS branding to the league at the All Star Game in Atlanta on August 1 for approval and will unveil it later this fall.

Here is what we know so far:

Team has stated its full name will be Fussball Club Cincinnati but will continue to be called FC Cincinnati as it is now.

Team colors will remain orange and blue.

Kit sponsor will be Mercy Health. The kits being submitted to MLS will be Adidas.

Well, I should hope so.

EDIT: Son of a...! @Gothamite beat me to it. 

2 hours ago, Dilbert said:

The kits being submitted to MLS will be Adidas.

Submitted to Adidas? I thought it was the other way around?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Submitted to Adidas? I thought it was the other way around?

No, designs using Adidas submitted to the league for approval. 

This sentence reads like it was written by someone who doesn’t know that MLS has a league-wide contract with Adidas.  As though FCC has a choice in which supplier they choose. 

Ah, got it. I thought so.

I really liked their Nike kits. I hope they end up with something similar:

fc-cincinnati-july.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived