US Cricket League - Beltway and Chicago logos open!

raysox

On 12/10/2017 at 3:39 PM, Bruins said:

No New England team? :( This sounds really interesting though, happy to help where I can!

I rethought this and gonna move the Tampa team to form a New England team for balanced divisions

1 hour ago, Darknes said:

What about Ellis Island CC? Distinctly New York, ties in the idea of the Immigrants..hell they could be nicknamed "The Immigrants"

Not bad, but the more I think about it, there's probably gonna be a lot of immigrants on every team haha. Half the national team I saw were from different countries but became citizens.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes more sense, I think. How about Five Boroughs CC or Five Boroughs United CC? Something everything knows as NYC, but a unique team name nonetheless.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

2rK8Rwq.jpg

Whipped up a couple logo options for New York, with a cricket bat and wicket included in the shape of the Empire State Building.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

7 hours ago, raysox said:

Nice! Good start for sure. I’m gonna whip up a concept tonight and was gonna do a pentagon so good call on that

Here's more what I was thinking
New_York_01.png

I like black as a neutral color. Then the rainbow colors are the multiculturalism of the city and subway. 5 Burroughs are represented with the shape and colors.

Also today US Cricket announced some restructuring. Basically they're using the regional idea I had, but there's 6 regions. So just to sort of make it fall into line, we're gonna do 4 more teams.So that means we got shafted with a northeastern division mostly. So the new teams will be Long Island, Connecticut in the East. Raleigh in the Mid Atlantic, Nashville and Tampa again in the southeast. Unfortunately we're cutting Austin because of the other Texas teams, Colorado would be the home team for US Cricket, and KC would be cool.

Untitled_1.png

regions.png

22 minutes ago, raysox said:

Here's more what I was thinking
New_York_01.png

I like black as a neutral color. Then the rainbow colors are the multiculturalism of the city and subway. 5 Burroughs are represented with the shape and colors.

Gorgeous. Love the more unique color scheme and the symbolism. That font looks better too. If alternates are being included would you be open to using a reworked version of my logo to better fit this design?

Lz5f6vZ.png

Ok, I just wanted to shoot this by you cause I think it could be viable, but if you'd rather just move on that's cool too.

4ggV6lM.jpg

Lz5f6vZ.png

Philadelphia.jpg

Lets try this again! So apparently Philly is the home of cricket in America, so naturally they got the expansion nod. It seems like a lot of their clubs are upper class people playing. The Philadelphia Cricket Club already exists, and they're really old.

Related image

Naturally we could shy away from the Native American bit, or it could be an homage. I would try to make it very old looking, just since our New York crest came out real clean and modern. Things that come to mind are keystones, and the Philadelphia city flag, which are Chargers colors. 

Let me know if anyone (other than Bruins, cause I know he's down) has a name or logo idea and we can work through this!

8 hours ago, Darknes said:

What about like the Philadelphia Founders if you want an American style team name..or could be like Founders CC

Freely admit that I'm better at coming up with names and stuff than making logos.

Oh, I do like this, especially because you originally thought of Philadelphia as the league home--you could make a history where the league headquarters moved from Philadelphia to Denver.

rATMcmK.png

1 hour ago, Whittier S said:

Oh, I do like this, especially because you originally thought of Philadelphia as the league home--you could make a history where the league headquarters moved from Philadelphia to Denver.

Definitely not bad, i’m just not sure if the whole Founders thing would work with such a gap in start to finish in a “new” league. I do like that thinking tho, the first cricket club for Americans was formed in 1833 in Philadelphia. 

What if we did something like Philadelphia Commonwealth CC. Pennsylvania is a commonwealth, and is a play on the commonwealth of nations, who historically all play cricket

Philly Commonwealth CC is the only way you could fit in Philadelphia's name, since Philadelphia itself is a mouthful but 10 syllables is too much for any team. Unless of course you're the Angels.

Lz5f6vZ.png

32 minutes ago, Bruins said:

Philly Commonwealth CC is the only way you could fit in Philadelphia's name, since Philadelphia itself is a mouthful but 10 syllables is too much for any team. Unless of course you're the Angels.

We could even do Penn Commonwealth CC.

52 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I'd love to see a Boston team.  Also, I do love the NY rainbow one.

Thanks! And yeah we expanded, Boston gets a team

JzlMIWt.png

Did some brainstorming today and came up with this.  It's got the shield and middle stripe of Philadelphia's coat of arms with a keystone, monogram, and wicket.  I tried fooling around with other colors (I had a nice navy and cream look at one point), but I feel like this is the best combination I could come up with for this design.  

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

Archived