US Cricket League - Beltway and Chicago logos open!

raysox

They love reminding people the entire city burned. I know it’s somewhat overused. But like Heat CC could refer to the city of the heat of the south, but it may not be discriptive enough, especially if there’s a team in like Florida:wacko:

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is what I'm thinking for Atlanta: Atlanta 6ers Cricket Club, but referred to as The A6, A6, or A6CC. As well as being named after a homerun in cricket, would be Atlanta's 6th major sports team behind the Braves, Falcons, Hawks, Thrashers/Flames, and ATL United. Also fits in w Atlanta's various shortened nicknames, A, The A, The Big A, A-Town, and ATL. Logo is derived from the design of the Atlanta flag as well as Atlanta's modern design influences.

6RDayqq.jpg

What do you think?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

la.jpg

Moving out west, LA is a pretty big cricket hotbed in this country. For this, I think a more LA centric team instead of California imagery (bear, red/brown) would be better. I did like my version in my original run, but I would change the colors because of New York's new logo. From what I see, a lot of the cricket fields are based in Hollywood, so that made my logo that much more meaningful.

What do you think? What if I did a midnight color and some whites and greys like so?

LA_02.png

2 hours ago, raysox said:

What do you think? What if I did a midnight color and some whites and greys like so?

LA_02.png

The golden one creates more the spotlight feel.

38665609364_bedb96967e_o.png                                                                                        spacer.pngMy Behance                                                                                                   

The silver one evokes art deco era Hollywood for me, I think it'd be cool to build a brand around that style. How about Tinseltown CC?

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

1 hour ago, Bruins said:

The silver one evokes art deco era Hollywood for me, I think it'd be cool to build a brand around that style. How about Tinseltown CC?

I think you're still trying to be too cutsie with the names. Think alternatives like the equivalent of Los Angeles FC, Sporting Los Angeles, AFC Los Angeles, Los Angeles United.

I think, especially for LA, the city has a strong name that evokes a brand rather than a loose association.

Yeah, I've lived in LA for most of my life and I have never once referred to it as Tinseltown, so I'd say that something simple like Los Angeles CC would work perfectly fine.  Another thing that I definitely want to avoid is Hollywood imagery, it gets really stale real quick.  I've got some free time tonight so I'll be fooling around with a design involving art deco, which is a design style that I really like a lot that also has some connection to the city (that and we can't let Miami have an art deco logo for the millionth time).

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

On 12/26/2017 at 1:06 AM, gswansea said:

I added PHILA to the digital version:

https://imgur.com/a/DAYrY

On 12/26/2017 at 11:03 AM, raysox said:

Yeah I like it a lot. Maybe without rounded corners on the stroke and a different font? But other than that it looks real good to me

Just bumping @gswansea to make sure you saw. I think next time I’m home we’ll have Atlanta, Philly, LA, and hopefully San Francisco Bay done! I think I’m gonna revive an old crest for them. 

Any my opinions on the next team? The Southwest and Midwest don’t have a team yet.

3 minutes ago, bucknut42 said:

Could Indianapolis be a team location? I live in Indiana and I'd be more than happy to take a crack at a crest. 

Yeah they’re on there! Be my guest. They’re on there cause on the Wikipedia page of cricket fields in the US, they have a world sports complex haha. 

Archived