NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, demondg1 said:

I've always loved those.

Agreed, but I can't help but think that they'd look better with a block font. I understand why the round font was used but I think the block would be better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

22 minutes ago, CRichardson said:

Agreed, but I can't help but think that they'd look better with a block font. I understand why the round font was used but I think the block would be better.

You're right.  They're not perfect by a long shot.  I would have liked for silver to be the center stripe color on both and for the white one to have a hem stripe too.

They're not the definitite Ducks jersey, like the originals, but I still loved them.

4114313717_ee13929eec_o.png

The logo is certainly vertical but overall I think it looks nice.  The biggest issue (like the previous black third) lies with the colour balance.  Why have white outline everything on the logo and not have it anywhere near the striping

4 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Well, it IS an actual hurricane flag this time...

What the hell is going on with this mannequin?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

It doesn't look bad. They might be better if the red stripes had a while outline. The crest logo looks a bit awkward, especially if the Captain and Alt Captain patch will be directly on top of the stick. 

XM4KeeA.png

I feel like the flags aren't drawn as well as the previous version's flag was. It looks more sloppy than ragged. And I feel like posters here have done the double flag better in concepts than this. Maybe the stick blade should point left to balance things a bit more.

Nice try, but not quite. The last black jersey was still better.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Take the yoke off (but use shoulder patches) and then have the sleeve stripes be red-strom gray-red, and it would be an improvement.  

I'm guessing the C/A will be on the right shoulder (which is not unprecedented in the NHL).

This jersey is a good idea, but not the greatest execution. Not awful, though. It looks like it's trying to keep up with NC State using gray/silver as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The actual uniform design is pretty good.  The logo, on the other hand, is garbage.  The white outline on the logo looks out of place on the jersey where there is no white elsewhere, except for the numbers, which strangely, I don't mind as much.  I hate the state flag on the shoulder.  It's lazy, but at least they didn't use the actual flag colours, which would have made it stick out like a sore thumb.

Archived