NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hurricanes have the rights to the Whalers name and logo.

No one gives a crap about the Hurricanes.

People care about the Whalers.

Therefore it would be smart for the Hurricanes to market and sell Whalers throwback gear. Including sweaters, which are the high-end item. To not do that would be leaving money on the table.

1 minute ago, Ice_Cap said:

The Hurricanes have the rights to the Whalers name and logo.

No one gives a crap about the Hurricanes.

People care about the Whalers.

Therefore it would be smart for the Hurricanes to market and sell Whalers throwback gear. Including sweaters, which are the high-end item. To not do that would be leaving money on the table.

Except every Hurricane fan. Unless your saying they have no fan base?

1 minute ago, daniel75 said:

It's about as big as Hartford's, with only slightly less passion...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

3 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

Bingo. Check attendance standings and local tv ratings.

Also the Hurricanes, even at the best of times, never once established themselves as a team with a national presence. No one outside of Raleigh cares (and evidence seems to suggest very few people within Raleigh care). 

Meanwhile the Whalers have a certain cache nationally. There’s a nostalgic aspect that makes the Whalers appealing to even casual hockey fans. 

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Can't wait for Winnipeg to bush out those Thrashers throwbacks. 

Calgary isn't afraid of its Atlanta heritage.

c2.jpg

The Jets adopting the Thrashers' light blue is their tiny way of paying tribute to their regrettable roots. It's not like they'd reskin this thing with the Jets' logo/type set:

DSC_0471.JPG

4 hours ago, B-mer said:

it would certainly be weird if the Coyotes wore Jets 1.0 throwbacks...  

4 hours ago, jp1409 said:

It would be a :censored:ing kick in the nuts for Winnipeg fans...This is no different and even worse considering Winnipeg rightfully got a team back.

Of course, the Winnipeg Jets could always turn around and kick Atlanta's fans in the nuts by wearing Atlanta Thrashers throwbacks...at a home game...against the Calgary Flames...who kick Atlanta's fans in the nuts again by wearing...Atlanta Flames throwbacks.  

2iw542.jpg

50 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

Of course, the Winnipeg Jets could always turn around and kick Atlanta's fans in the nuts by wearing Atlanta Thrashers throwbacks...at a home game...against the Calgary Flames...who kick Atlanta's fans in the nuts again by wearing...Atlanta Flames throwbacks.  

2iw542.jpg

And for the triple kick to the nuts, play the game IN Atlanta

1 hour ago, Still MIGHTY said:

Okay, but... um... could they? ?

Except use the pre-Edge version. It was much better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

6 hours ago, skip88 said:

Colors are over saturated here, it wont be that bright and colorfull in real life. They know how to sell stuff 

First photo is a little sun-drenched, but the second one is pretty accurate.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I guess i could understand it being weird for Hartford fans, but honestly they should just embrace it at this point. Hartford is never getting a team back. Might as well root for Carolina, especially when they are wearing the Whalers throwbacks. Thats the closest its ever gonna be to the Whalers coming back. And technically, it is the same team.

27 minutes ago, njdevs7 said:

I guess i could understand it being weird for Hartford fans, but honestly they should just embrace it at this point. Hartford is never getting a team back. Might as well root for Carolina, especially when they are wearing the Whalers throwbacks. Thats the closest its ever gonna be to the Whalers coming back. And technically, it is the same team.

As a Tennessee Titans fan in Texas, I agree wholeheartedly.

Archived