ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

I've always wanted the Bruins to switch the colors on the road yoke. Make it like the Orr-era jerseys with a yellow yoke at home and on the road. It's gorgeous. 

Bruins25.png

Also, go back to yellow socks.

41 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I've always wanted the Bruins to switch the colors on the road yoke. Make it like the Orr-era jerseys with a yellow yoke at home and on the road. It's gorgeous. 

Bruins25.png

Also, go back to yellow socks.

I’d like to see the B’s ditch the white jerseys altogether and pair the Orr-era black jerseys with the early 60s gold jerseys (or basically pair the current black jerseys with something based on the 2010 Winter Classic jerseys). And gold socks of course, but not the ones from the early 60s.

Bruins21.png

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

They simply wanted something new, so they designed something new.

put their logo on a sublimated practice jersey

16 minutes ago, Mingjai said:

I’d like to see the B’s ditch the white jerseys altogether and pair the Orr-era black jerseys with the early 60s gold jerseys (or basically pair the current black jerseys with something based on the 2010 Winter Classic jerseys). And gold socks of course, but not the ones from the early 60s.

Bruins21.png

That's what I want too, buy I would make the black the alt, with a gold home, white away.  My belief was that the reason they introduced black socks with the black jersey is so they could introduce a gold jersey with the gold socks as the alternate later on.  Then promote the gold to home jersey status.  Hasn't happened yet... 

23 hours ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It's hard to figure, too, why there's any kind of "design process" necessary. There are two black jerseys they could turn to - a throwback to the early '00s, or the black alt they used between 2014-2017. Either is acceptable. Both of them are decent designs in their own unique ways. Why the complications? 

To be fair, no fan liked the 14-17 black Kings wannabe sweaters, but the original blacks with the current primary logo would be epic.

Stumbled across this today on Getty Images. These appear to be game action shots of John Grahame wearing a practice jersey vs. the Panthers in 2005. They're shot like game action, and the puck in the one picture is a game puck. I'm curious as to the story behind it.

Z3102g5.png  6HdR8x9.png

SUNRISE, FL - OCTOBER 2: Goalie John Grahame #47 of the Tampa Bay Lightning makes a save against the Florida Panthers on October 2, 2005 at the Bank Atlantic Center in Sunrise, Florida. (Photo by Eliot J. Schechter/Getty Images)

I’d say Getty was mistaken.

October 2 would have been a preseason game. And since that was in 2005, that "practice jersey" could be a Reebok Edge prototype. Perhaps they gave the new uniform system a few trial runs of game action in the preseason.

18 hours ago, SHaMROCK said:

That's what I want too, buy I would make the black the alt, with a gold home, white away.  My belief was that the reason they introduced black socks with the black jersey is so they could introduce a gold jersey with the gold socks as the alternate later on.  Then promote the gold to home jersey status.  Hasn't happened yet... 

A gold, throwback-y alt seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it? I'm surprised the Bruins have spent so much time having a second black jersey with variations on the arch/bear logo -- which is fine, but the spoked B is their look through and through. Plus that one gold jersey they wore for the Fenway Winter Classic seemed like a smash hit. At least they got it sorted out in the minors.

c700x420.jpg

From Paul Lukas on Twitter: The Devils will wear green-trimmed throwbacks for four upcoming games: Dec. 23 vs. Blue Jackets, Jan. 10 vs. Maple Leafs, Jan. 31 vs. Rangers, and March 1 vs. Flyers.

Dun-M-nXgAArAG0.jpg

13 hours ago, nash61 said:

Stumbled across this today on Getty Images. These appear to be game action shots of John Grahame wearing a practice jersey vs. the Panthers in 2005. They're shot like game action, and the puck in the one picture is a game puck. I'm curious as to the story behind it.

Z3102g5.png  6HdR8x9.png

I pointed it out back when it happened and provided some information from the St. Petersburg Times (now the Tampa Bay Times).

The NHL is considering having goalies wear a slightly different jersey than the rest of the team, like soccer goalies do. It isn't known if the jerseys will be ready for the regular season, but Lightning goalie John Grahame wore a different jersey Sunday.

4 hours ago, Digby said:

A gold, throwback-y alt seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it? I'm surprised the Bruins have spent so much time having a second black jersey with variations on the arch/bear logo -- which is fine, but the spoked B is their look through and through. Plus that one gold jersey they wore for the Fenway Winter Classic seemed like a smash hit. At least they got it sorted out in the minors.

c700x420.jpg

That’s a beautiful uniform. I just had to say it. C’mon Boston, you know what to do.

43 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Looking at what the jersey actually was, it seems like this was more like a bit of covert field testing than actual effort toward making differentiating goalie jerseys. We definitely didn't know about the forthcoming overhaul in October of 2005, right?

14 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Looking at what the jersey actually was, it seems like this was more like a bit of covert field testing than actual effort toward making differentiating goalie jerseys. We definitely didn't know about the forthcoming overhaul in October of 2005, right?

I believe the Edge rollout for Reebok in the NHL was 2007.  But the practice jerseys around the 2005 timeframe did have that template.

50 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Well, on that link to the old board thread, you in fact had the very next comment haha

Looks like arse.

Please, NHL, stop this horrid idea now. Letting Reebok redesign the majority of the league come next year is threatening enough.

So, maybe? haha

God, I am so old.

3 hours ago, squamfan said:

Any rumors on 2019-2020 changes?

Yes!