NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

1 hour ago, Buffalo said:

Can anyone explain this pic?  I WISH AND PRAY that the Sabres adopt these duds full time! These are the best Sabres unis I've ever seen.

Please Mr. Pegula, make this a full time jersey!

On 1/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, Echo said:

The Sabres did an All-Star style Skills Challenge at Key Bank Center today.  These are the jerseys they wore for that.

Same exact pics in both posts snipped for space, but 10 posts above you on the same page.

IbjBaeE.png

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/6/2019 at 8:33 PM, Prince Harry said:

Should the “successful in this look” argument always hold up? Don’t think too many of us would turn down the Mighty Ducks set replacing the non-mighty webbed D full time. 

I think it always has to be a balance. But it's important to remember that "brand" is not strictly "visual," and I think it's easy for us on this board to fall into that aesthetics-first trap. And yeah, color theory dictates certain schemes look better than others, and there are technical considerations that should be considered for logos. But those things have to work in harmony with the other questions: is this look associated with success? does it reflect the team's community? 

Considering the Kings at the moment: I happen to think that the purple and black is a nice, underused hockey color scheme, and I happened to like that era of logo and uniform (apart from the hem wordmark which was so weird and 90s). But it gets points off for being too close to the CA basketball Kings. I find black and silver to be a hard combo to pull off. But when I think of the Kings, I think of Gretzky and the early 2010s and N.W.A. That's a lot of reasons, IMO, to consider variations on that particular look and they outweight "they should sync up with the Lakers".

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I have a hunch, and this is all my own speculation.......but could the long awaited Lightning alternate jersey be coming out soon because its made of this Adidas Parley stuff and the league wanted the ASG jerseys to be the ones to unveil it?

Local beat writers in Tampa (and i think Icethetics) said that a January release of the Lightning alt was in the works.

17 hours ago, Buffalo said:

Can anyone explain this pic?  I WISH AND PRAY that the Sabres adopt these duds full time! These are the best Sabres unis I've ever seen.

Please Mr. Pegula, make this a full time jersey!

Dump the chest stripe and reduce the crest size and i’m all in.

58 minutes ago, AstroBull21 said:

I have a hunch, and this is all my own speculation.......but could the long awaited Lightning alternate jersey be coming out soon because its made of this Adidas Parley stuff and the league wanted the ASG jerseys to be the ones to unveil it?

Local beat writers in Tampa (and i think Icethetics) said that a January release of the Lightning alt was in the works.

At this point I wouldn’t expect a release at all.

Purple, silver, and black should be my favorite Kings palette: it's a synthesis of the Hockey Lakers era and the Gretzky era, so it would make sense to make that permanent color scheme forever. But then they had to go and do that black and silver alternate right before the Cup wins. The championships + Gretzky make it hard to argue for anything else. The same can be said for the Oilers.

What I wish the Kings would have done is break with the old letters, numbers, and wordmarks and go with something simple and utilitarian. Single-layer Compacta or Haettenschweiler names/numbers would have had a "ruthlessly efficient" feel that would have been a perfect fit for those high-possession dump-and-chase teams that won the Cup. They'd still be black and silver, and I'd so much prefer a silver crown as the crest, but player IDs would just be black/white. No nonsense.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 1/6/2019 at 8:33 PM, Prince Harry said:

Should the “successful in this look” argument always hold up? Don’t think too many of us would turn down the Mighty Ducks set replacing the non-mighty webbed D full time. 

To me it’s the fact that you can’t take future championships for granted. Look at the Ducks. They’ve had some amazing teams through the years that, for whatever reason, couldn’t get it done in the playoffs. They should have two or three Cups by now, but they only have the one- the one won in the first iteration of the black, gold, and orange look. 

So what happens if they go back to the Mighty Ducks look and they just don’t win in it? Everything from the championship banner to pictures of their Cup win to highlights they show of that win will be entirely divorced by what the actual team is wearing on the ice. 

And that’s not a good thing. 

On 1/6/2019 at 1:57 PM, SFGiants58 said:

Also, I’d argue that the LA Kings were one of the few cases where purple/black/silver looked good.

It was a good look but I associte that identify with a revolving door of goaltenders and the waste of Rob Blake’s prime. Aesthetically? Sure it’s good, but is it something you want people to remember back to? Probably not. 

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

A little bit OT: The fake stores are ripping off Fanatics pretty well. If you're a casual shopper...this looks like a legit site.

http://www.tampabaylightningofficialonline.com/

Almost, until you see the homepage where they're advertising Stamkos jerseys on a football field backdrop.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

1 hour ago, DOech714 said:

49778970_2546452468703271_19200430750197

Might be the Flyers Stadium Series Jersey

On 11/21/2018 at 12:52 AM, pepis21 said:

After seeing those hats my imagination told me it's gonna be a Orange-Black Toronto jersey with black yoke and of course Flyers logo instead of Maple Leafs.

We'll see if she was right.

I was pretty close. Actually black yoke might works well on that (Quakers had it black), but I guess instead of that we'll see black nameplate with orange names.

4r2eer.png

Archived