NHL 2018-19

ldconcepts

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if I'd say that Nashville's inaugural look "killed it." I don't think Nashville has ever had a great look.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 1/7/2018 at 10:44 AM, Morgo said:

Yep :)

That would look great and I think most people would agree that the last thing need is another navy jersey.

I agree, there's already more than enough navy teams with Buffalo, Columbus, and Winnipeg.  Whereas there are only 9 teams that wear red jerseys, so we could definitely use more red.

9 hours ago, Ark said:

There's something great about this uniform

shea-weber-of-the-nashville-predators-ce

8 hours ago, Zeus89725 said:

The road version, not so much. I'd say with that one, if you got rid of the piping and weird shoulder things, it'd be perfect. God, I miss the blue helmets.

The yellow helmets are perfect because yellow/gold is actually a light colour. What the Predators need to do and be allowed to do is wear yellow on the road and have a matching navy set at home. Just like when lights were the home base and the Canucks, Kings and for one season, the Penguins, were the only home yellow teams in the NHL while everyone else wore white. 

medium_Yellow-canucks_yellowjersey.jpg_cf.jpg.c3ff34d456dc6d9c0244dda2c752c9e8.jpgLos-Angeles-Kings-Throwback-Retro-Yellow-Jersey-1980-88.jpg_cf.jpg.83d23728f4eb5c04aed28360f0ffccd4.jpg

On 09/01/2018 at 5:12 PM, monkeypower said:

So there's a Reddit post where a European Ducks fan says they have the pre-order catalog for next season and the only options they have to pick from are the current home and away, so maybe the Ducks aren't changing.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The Ducks current jerseys are over-designed and frankly atrocious.  The only improvement over their 2006/07 set (which was also downgrade from what came before) was losing the script.  The white uniform in particular with it's orange-heavy striping and black-heavy yoke is an affront to aesthetics. 

The orange alternate of yesteryear represents the only time they made their black, orange, & champagne colour scheme work and if they're going to keep the current trash I'm going to keep decrying the name/brand change.  10 years as the Ducks and their only good uniform lasts two short seasons.  If that's not a branding Fail, I don't know what is.

I don't have time or energy to watch many games these days - having a toddler will do that - but I caught a little of Oilers-Vegas on the weekend and man are the new Oiler's colours ugly. 

It's weird, I always thought the Oilers going with a colour tweak of their colours to be similar to what Kamloops in the WHL uses would be great, but man, they're just blah. 

Orange and navy for the Oilers could have looked good, had they kept the general striping pattern from the orange throwback. Thick navy stripes outlined in white. 

What ruins the look is trying to force the classic Oilers striping pattern into the new colour scheme. The thin, dark navy stripes just don’t work. The navy needs to be bolder. 

All of this, of course, is with the caveat that they shouldn’t have dropped the Gretzky look in the first place. 

Hopefully new alternates are just the first of many good things to come out of the new ownership. I admit I’m torn as to what I’d like to see more: a full return to their original look (red, black, and silver with the storm flag stripes) or a full departure into something completely new. 

Now that Karmanos is no longer the primary owner, I’m curious to see if the team might diverge from the some of the more Detroit-esque aspects of their current look. That being said, I have a hard time believing that the new alt jersey won’t have his finger prints all over it. The new owner has only been in place since the end of last year, and I suspect the design process has been well under way.

The challenge is red and black are such a solid combination...to the point that it may well be hardwired into our brains (there are a couple interesting articles here and here). The downside of course is that the Canes aren't the only team to use this combination, and there are a number of teams that have been using it longer (Chicago) and more effectively (New Jersey). 

So here's a thought: Vegas has demonstrated that black and grey can work together really well...what if what if Carolina shifted to something like a red (50%), black (20%), grey (20%), and white (10%) color palette? 

Archived